Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a 2003 VRSCA V-Rod from my local Harley dealer. Any thoughts on this particular year? Any problems that I should be aware of? I am also looking at getting the 5 yr extended warrantee. Has anyone had experience with an extended warrantee, in particular does Harley live by its warrantee?

Thanks all.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
So is the bike all anodized or black two-tone? Either way, congrats! That's what I ride. Your going to get alot of killer advise around here if your nice. By the way :vrodforu:

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrod: :vrodforu:

I have an '03 model and have had only one major issue with it...volatage regulator went bad on my last year. Outside of that, it's been an awesome and durable bike! Didn't get the extended warranty when I bought it but can't say that I really needed it either. Learned how to do most simple things on it from this forum and other VROD riders; however dealership encounters seem to vary from location to location. Some are really good with VRODs while others have no idea what they are doing. You really got to do your homework on that one and find one that will be good for you.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
i also have an '03....your going to love it. The warranty might be a good idea, but have them work it into the deal of the bike. Thats what i did when i bought mine last year. Had them take $500 off the price and a 2 year warranty added for nothing. good luck

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Have them confirm that the common faults like the front motor mount, fuel flange failure, coolant collection bottle nipple, have all been addressed. There has also been an upgrade to the transmission shifting drum and forks, (but if you're not a gear banger you probably wouldn't notice). If these things have been addressed you don't need the warranty. Most of these are service bulletin items anyway and you should request documentation that they have been done before you conclude your deal.

Now go out and ride, and try not to grin into the wind (and bugs). You're gonna love this ride!:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
vroder said:
Have them confirm that the common faults like the front motor mount, fuel flange failure, coolant collection bottle nipple, have all been addressed. There has also been an upgrade to the transmission shifting drum and forks, (but if you're not a gear banger you probably wouldn't notice). If these things have been addressed you don't need the warranty. Most of these are service bulletin items anyway and you should request documentation that they have been done before you conclude your deal.

Now go out and ride, and try not to grin into the wind (and bugs). You're gonna love this ride!:)
I bought an 04 and the fuel flange failed, just make sure that has been addressed because it will take all the fun out of owning a V-Rod until it is fixed... ...and one of the best things for a new V-Rod owner is to cruise the info here, for it is vast and excellent...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts