Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, Im Matt from New Zealand. Im new to the site, and have spent a few hours reading topics posted, before writting this, but feel its just better to ask my questions rather than bump in on an ongoing post.

Advice wanted please. I have a 2009 Night Rod Special. 1250cc and just on 1,350km travelled, 1,000 miles. Dealer says at 1,500km or 1000miles run in time, and get first service.
What I want to know is, while its in getting 1st service, Im wanting to fit Vance and Hines 2 into 1 comp exhaust, stage II cam kit, and a power commander,

Which is better for Drag racing, and tunning, the P C III or the NEW P C V? ( or is there a better system to buy? )

What Hp and Tq figures can I expect? I was told around 130 hp at the tyre?( with above fitted ) or In stock form 105 hp? and with slip ons and a P C III around 120 hp at the tyre?

Also does anyone have any idea what 1/4 mile times this set up should run?
Thanks for any help, much app, Matt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Your name caught my attention since the personalized plate on my 03 Corvette Z06 was "NAZTY Z" :D but those number seem about right to me. The PC-V is alot better than the PC III so I've read. You may want to look into the HD Super Tuner as well? Unless your interested in Autotune then you can add that to the PC-V or go TMax. Lots of options!!!

·
AKA:KrammitTheFrodge
36 Posts
i've been told by the dynojet-certified dyno guru here in kansas city at worth HD that the HD racepak tuner will allow him to unlock and tune your stock ECM for all electronics governed by the bike's ECM... air-fuel ratio, ignition timing, hard and soft rev limiters, speed governor, speedometer calibration... everything. the add-on tuners like the V&H fuelpak, cobra fi2000, power commander (all versions) just "confuse" the ECM into thinking the bike is in a different gear, under different load, etc.

if you want to tune the bike's ECM itself, the HD unit is the only way to go. pricey, but no additional crap to plug in, leave attached, and worry about. if you want to tune it yourself though, the PC-III USB is the easiest way to go as it's allegedly the most user-friendly version. i have no experience with the PC-V, but use the III extensively on my honda RC51 sp2 race bike. very simple to tune myself with my laptop and the included software. but i have a "trunk" of sorts in which to store and shield the PC-III (mine's the "R" model, not the USB- so i could tune the ignition curve without the add-on module. the HD application may be different as it's a different part # thru dynojet) whereas the 'rod doesn't have anywhere i can mount and shield it unless i want to stick it under the airbox cover, which kinda screws me for accessibility.

...just my two cents, but i'm planning to go with the HD tuner and let them tune it to my specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts