Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search here and on v-mod's forum and so far nothing. Could some one run me through the directions for removing the heat shields and baffels. I will be sending them to Steve for v-modding. I e-mailed Steve but so far I have not heard from him.

Next, is anyone running a PCIII, 16 guage SE2's, Stage 1 kit and topless. If so, what map are you running or do you have a custom map. I had my bike tuned on dyno when my (16gauge, topless & Stage 1 kit) powercammander was installed and so far it looks like I be spending another $250.00 for a tuning after my baffels are removed.

Thanks,

Jason
:confused:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Jason,

Are you refering to the SE Slip on flash # 32026-02A as "Stage 1" because there's no such thing as a Stage 1 flash for the VRSC? If you are then that's the wrong flash. You should have loaded 32065-02A.

If I were you I would bag the PCIII and simply load the new flash # 33243-04. I believe they can select whether to reset the speedo calibration even though the book says it's for the 28T. It's been redone specifically for the 16GA running topless.

I run the new flash (for the Slip Ons from my Race Tuner) with my V-Mod SE Slip Ons topless and it runs great and gets ~40 mpg. I'll have baseline dyno numbers this week but I won't get time to do a real tune until after Biketoberfest. I expect to see what Frank has when I'm done, ~118 HP :)

Sorry for the tread drift, I don't know how to remove the 16GA baffles :cool:

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After alot of tugging, I finally broke the baffels free

mjw930, I have been happy with the performance of the PCIII, as for the flash, I am speaking about when I first got my pipes and air filter, I purchased the ECM download from HD. I was hoping that some one had a map with the set up I am running so that I won't have to get it tuned again. I suppose I will get it dyno'd again.
Good luck with 118RWHP, I already have 115RWHP (on my last dyno) and maybe I will pick up 1 more with the baffels removed.
Thanks, Jason

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Do you want another Speeding Ticket!:slap2: You know what happened last time you made more power!;) When you commin back to Vegas?:cool:

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I never-ever want more speeding tickets, but that's always my luck. I am not sure when I will be in LV., but when I do I will definetly look you up. I had a blast and that was some of the best riding I have experienced. The weather was perfect, the scenery was beautiful and I got to see the badest v-rod on the planet (now it's the fastest street legal v-rod on the planet).:notworthy
When will you be returning to the track??? I'm pulling for you on all of your runs.:cool:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Jason,
if all goes well this Friday night for Test & Tune at the AHDRA Championship at the LVMS!:D

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kaz, Good Luck and make us all proud.:biker:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Thanks I'll let ya know how it goes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts