Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with selling both vrods and doing a complete custom but have finaly decided to sell the SE and do a ground up build on the A.

My list so far includes a 280 kit from hogpro wheels and rotors and pulley
new front end (storz maybe)
new handlebar and controls
new forward controls
new paint from josh
new exhaust (rinehart 2-1 or d&d)
and a couple other things here and there that I probably havent listed or thought about

I have a bunch of questions before I start buying parts

On the 280:
I want a nice short fender more or less like Rick's short fender but am kinda leery buying that and his seat pan from overseas. I have looked at josh's and Jerry's but they seem too long for my taste and cover too much of the wheel...I am also concerned about seats.

I am 6'5" and need to get a combo of seat and forward controls that keeps me comfortable. I was thinking of getting steve's relocation kit for a set of forward controls...but the seat still worries me.

On the front end:

It has to come in chrome...I have seen several of the european ones that look great but they are all polished (and not cheap) so I was thinking the storz....anyone had any luck with these....anything I need to consider if fittment or things like headlight, controls, brakes?

Next issue I have no real direction on is the handlebar setup.

I want to get this as clean as possible here...minimal wires, switches, buttons and the like. I also want to stay away from anything harley here.
I would also very much like to do away with my stem and gauges. Any suggestions on where to go to acheive that?

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Here's a pic of the fender I made for my 280 set up. (sorry, doesn't show just the fender real well).
I removed everything underneath and really beefed up the fender so it wouldn't need any other supports if I had a passenger plus giving me maximum clearance under there.

I'm just finishing a new seat which I laid out a new pan to fit my fender (although my fender is pretty much stock under the pillion, it's just thicker with the layers of fiberglass). The only problem is the electrics under the pillion, if you could just move those you could make a good gain in your seat for extra length.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Look in my gallery or Diomedes gallery for pics of the cleanest handlebars/controls on the planet. Just a warning though they don't come cheap :broke: . They are Custom Cycle Controls.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have any comments on the front end?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Why are you worried about buying from Ricks. They are reputable and have been able to dish out quite a number of large gas tanks to the members on this forum.

I have the Hogpro 280 kit and wheels and can tell you it fits like a glove. I too wanted the short rear fender and chose to go with Violator Motorcycles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts