Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note, I wanted to give everyone a "head's up".

I would recommend you guys never try to buy a helmet from this site:

www.extremesupply.com

I just placed an order for a SHOEI TZ-R Traveler TC-5.

I placed the order a day and a half ago.

After I placed the order, and got confirmation of the order via e-mail, went to another site and bought a munch of accessories for the helmet, and wait a day and a half, I get a call.

The helmet I ordered, a day and a half ago, and expected to be delivered tomorrow, will not be coming.... ever.

It is out of stock and discontinued.

WTH kind of customer service is that?

The guy was like, we can get you another helmet, do you want another one?

NO, I wanted the helmet I bought, got confirmation for, and you agreed to ship me.

I understand that these things happen, but shouldn't this be the store's problem, not mine.

Unfortunately all I can do is recommend that no one else try to buy anything from this site.

Morf

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
Sounds like bait and switch to me. Trying to get you to buy something they do have in stock that you don't necessary want.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that's exactly what it was.

Anyone know where I can buy a SHOEI TZ-R Traveler TC-5 Helmet?

I have a few accessories for it, that are on the way, and pretty much worthless, because I can't afford the 400 bucks everyone else wants for one.

Morf

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ordered a new helmet from ExtremeSupply while I was in Sturgis. I called to check availability first. I spoke to a young woman who didn't know what Sturgis was. I received my helmet at the campground on time. They did, however, ship the wrong tinted faceshield. Then I found a vendor selling the same thing for half price. I had no real problem with them. Sounds like a small outfit trying to get started.

·
Freedom
614 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
How do you guys figure it was a bait and switch? Many of the online sites don't even stock the items that we buy. You place the order, they call their distrubutors and have the item sent directly to you. Most of the time the company you bought the item from doesn't even see or handle the item. It's not bait and switch, it's internet business.

Sorry you had the problem and hopefully you can find one somewhere. Can you return the accessories?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, I am trying to order from a place called competition accessories.

They say they have the Shoei helmet I am looking for.

If not..... let's not go there just yet.

Morf

·
N R S N V
1,012 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap. I too ordered a helmet from them, Caberg Justissmo, and some other gear. I too got a conformation sent to me, only to get a call saying that they had my size not the color I selected. I got the color they had in stock because I liked that helmet. Not a real problem though. I will admit that the guy that called me seem to be out in la-la land, but the shipping very fast.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've bought two helmets from these people and so has another rider I know.. No problems whatsoever. Their prices are low and they have free 2 day shipping included. If they have your helmet it will be listed on the link below.

http://www.helmetcity.com

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yagh, I saw those too sites in my search, but they seem to be a bit more expensive than some of the other sites I have found.

Morf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts