Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my vacation in Italy, I checked the local HD dealer to buy a tool to adjust the back sa. The guy told me that they couldn't be delivered at the moment.

So I tested my Yamaha YZF R1 2005 tool and it fits perfectly, no scratching the exhausts or whatever.

My TIP, order it at Yamaha!!

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
I use an old spanner wrench I had from working on an entry lock. It works perfectly

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pacanis said:
I appreciate the tip. Probably cheaper having Yamaha stamped on it than H-D.

Hehehe Yamaha doesn't stamp at all.......know what you mean, probably allot cheaper! I heard some guy's complaining about the HD wrench, that it scratches the exhaust.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
I use a small rubber strap wrench from the hardware store. Works great and no danger of marring the chrome. Heb een goede dag

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
DutchRider said:
Hehehe Yamaha doesn't stamp at all.......know what you mean, probably allot cheaper! I heard some guy's complaining about the HD wrench, that it scratches the exhaust.

Get a V-max spanner, your bike will go faster

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beeek said:
I use a small rubber strap wrench from the hardware store. Works great and no danger of marring the chrome. Heb een goede dag
What's that.....you have a Dutch dictionairy?!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If you get a jar opener (piece of rubber to grip) you can grab them and twist them by hand. Right side is easier if the exhaust pipe is off.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
DutchRider said:
What's that.....you have a Dutch dictionairy?!
Yep, unfortunately I didn't pick up Dutch from my parents...one of the biggest regrets of my life. When I was an immigrant kid we did whatever it took to fit in, so we lost the language. I still have cousins over there but they speak pretty fluent English.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Okay, so why/how are you adjusting the rear springs? Clockwise or Counterclockwise?

Are you tightening or loosening them?

What's the purpose other than general preference/feel?

Does one give better handling versus another?

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Okay, so why/how are you adjusting the rear springs? Clockwise or Counterclockwise?

:them:

I want to know as well... what setting # works best for u VS your weight (also 1\2 up) ?

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Mark Ducati said:

Mine came set at 3 from the factory, was too stiff for me riding one up at my weight (I am 180 lbs). When I would hit dips or bumps it would be a ball buster...

So I set mine at 1, and for around town and highway driving that works best for me. If I am going into the canyons I will tighten them up to two so she is more solid on the twisties. Going to three would be great for the twisties too.

It is a matter of how much you weigh, if your riding two up and what your preferences are. I personally like a softer ride :)

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
I'm trying to avoid the trampoline effect as much as possible... I am 210-215 (1up) and #2 would bottom out all the time. #3 would still bottom out.. I have it at #4 now, seldom bottom's out but I sometimes bounce pretty hard of the seat while riding over bumps on the road/highway...

Banged my nuts pretty good a couple of times :wazzup:

Bottom line, I now stock suspsension is crap but I'm trying to make the best of what it is until I put in the 440's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts