Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its been a blast, but Ol Rico's movin on. :( Sold the R for a new ride. :D Gonna try a DX for awhile and prolly pick up a couple year old sportbike. Good news though I sold the R to a pal and new forum member......soooo I will get to ride it often. :angeldev:

·
Smokin some asphalt!
1,527 Posts
What kind of sport bike are you looking at!!! :D Would be nice to have one as well!!

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jefc73 said:
What kind of sport bike are you looking at!!! :D Would be nice to have one as well!!
Dunno Jeff... thought I'd wait til this winter and look for a deal on a used 600cc somethin or other?...Itchin for a few track days.....I miss them. In no hurry as our summer is pretty booked and I'm sure I will be havin fun trying to figure out this whole feet forward thing? :banghead:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Traitor :hidesbeh:

Just kidding, enjoy the new ride and don't forget to visit us here from time to time!!

·
Smokin some asphalt!
1,527 Posts
The feet forward thing you will get used to pretty quickly. it is differant though at first. I was thinking the same sometime this winter getting a used 600 myself. See you on sunday bro. Say hello to Deanie for me!!

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
streetrodder06 said:
Traitor :hidesbeh:

Just kidding, enjoy the new ride and don't forget to visit us here from time to time!!
It's gonna be different for sure......but I still appreciate the "R"

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well it's been real.

Trouble with those darn DX's is they look so cool in the showroom. Can't do the feet thing though.

Have fun and remember about the ground clearance...... skkkkrrrrshhhhhh...

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wasaircooled said:
Well it's been real.

Trouble with those darn DX's is they look so cool in the showroom. Can't do the feet thing though.

Have fun and remember about the ground clearance...... skkkkrrrrshhhhhh...[/QUOTE :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: hehe...I know....I'm wondering how long til I need to replace parts from scraping. :banghead:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Congrats Rick. I vote for the new Ducati 1098. ;)

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
[/QUOTE :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: hehe...I know....I'm wondering how long til I need to replace parts from scraping. :banghead:[/QUOTE]

Of course the first part you will probably scrape is the heel of your boot. Enjoy!!!

·
Pale, acute, mobile
159 Posts
Rico, three thoughts:
- Defecting to the DX makes you a slave to fashion
- You'll never lose anybody on the curves with a DX.
- We'll allow ourselves to be seen with you anyway. ;-)

Ghost

·
Registered
195 Posts
You know I`v done the feet forword and I`v had 600-1000cc sportbikes but you know there is nothing like having a Harley that a sportbike cant lose in the twisties. At least with the guys I ride with!:)

·
Midwest Pimp
3,106 Posts
RicoSuave said:
Well guys its been a blast, but Ol Rico's movin on. :( Sold the R for a new ride. :D Gonna try a DX for awhile and prolly pick up a couple year old sportbike. Good news though I sold the R to a pal and new forum member......soooo I will get to ride it often. :angeldev:
Wow.... this is news to me....When did this happen and what kind of sport bike you looking at? I thought those DX'S have both mid and forward controls:stilpoke: :D

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Congrads., you gonna have that in time for the hocking hills ride..:moped:

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gary95 said:
Wow.... this is news to me....When did this happen and what kind of sport bike you looking at? I thought those DX'S have both mid and forward controls:stilpoke: :D
Hehe....guess you were in on the ground floor Gary...before the wifey new.....nice backstroke though! :D

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
smoothrod said:
Don't think that's quite what my budget was thinking.:banghead: I'm looking at something 1/2 that price I'm thinkin. A nice 1 or 2 yr old YZF/CBR/GSXR 600....what I'm thinkin. Would make a good track bike or bike for my son to ride seein how he will be driving this fall. :D Now if budget were no issue I'd be all over that duck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts