Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a few days of owning a VRSCB (Black on Black) I really started to dislike the fact Harley painted the whole bike black but had a silver head light and powdercoated silver bar clamp/risers IP. I decided to paint them black myself. It took me all of 4 hrs. on a Sunday afternoon. :thumb:

I know alot of people like the stainless braded look. I like the braded look to but not stainless. I wrapped all of my wires and brake lines with
Russell Wrap-It Wire & Hose Protection. It's a black braded "conduit" that looks GREAT, I think, and best if all no disconecting of wire harnesses, brake lines etc. I have used this stuff on other bikes I have owned and and my wifes race car (for the engine wire harness). It looks good, lasts forever, and easy to clean.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
WERES THE PICS? :spank: ;)

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being that I live in mansfield I can't get DSL or any broadband for that matter. the pics I try to upload keep making AOL kick me out!!!!! I'll try again.

Just imagine the clamps and cluster black, and wires with a black braded conduit like same of the wires and hoses coming down behind the radiator.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Being that I live in mansfield I can't get DSL or any broadband for that matter. the pics I try to upload keep making AOL kick me out!!!!! I'll try again.

Just imagine the clamps and cluster black, and wires with a black braded conduit like same of the wires and hoses coming down behind the radiator.
I know what it would look like! I just thought after all that hard work you would want to Show it Off a Little! :rolleyes: ;)

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Kaz, am I doing something wrong in uploading the pics? I attach the file then it just says there was an error. :hmm: Maybe the file is too large?

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
email them to any of the moderators and they should be able to post them for you.
I have AOL still.and I have no problem with uploading pics.Get with aol and see what they say.Do you have 9.0?if so try the system checkup.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrodvinny said:
email them to any of the moderators and they should be able to post them for you.
I have AOL still.and I have no problem with uploading pics.Get with aol and see what they say.Do you have 9.0?if so try the system checkup.
NOT ME I'M LUCKY i KNOW HOW TO TURN ON MY COMPUTER! :lamer:
Send them to Mark or Max they are the Pro Geeks around here! :notworth:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good ideas Bill.....

Since I have a black b Vrod I would love to see a picture. I just put a Arlen Ness headlight and a Windvest windshield on mine and the silver custer really stands out. Did you remove the cluster and riser? Did you use a spraycan of paint? Thanks for the idea's, Fredfryguy :vrod: :laugh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been thinking about blacking out the headlamp, the headlamp clap, the front fork and even the rims on my Black Vrscb as well. It seems it would need some sort of primer or surface prep to properly take the paint. I had a Porsche 944 Turbo that I had factory quality paint applied to the rims but the aluminum needed prepping to properly take the paint. hmmmm

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
owenwil said:
I have been thinking about blacking out the headlamp, the headlamp clap, the front fork and even the rims on my Black Vrscb as well. It seems it would need some sort of primer or surface prep to properly take the paint. I had a Porsche 944 Turbo that I had factory quality paint applied to the rims but the aluminum needed prepping to properly take the paint. hmmmm
Powdercoat it all Jet Black and it will look and stay awsome! :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
what dealer is that and where is it located? Would appreciate the help. Trying to find the right bike and financing, and get what I want for mine in a trade. I will probablyend up selling mine on my own in the next week or so. But I would appreciate the info on that dealer. Thanks

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ash said:
Forget it vrodder I see that your across seas. Can you get any pics!
Ash,
there one here in Henderson, Nevada they want $19500 for the Night Trained B Version with Black ST's!It's a sweet a$$ bike but it's not CHEAP! :kaz:

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Ash said:
what dealer is that and where is it located? Would appreciate the help. Trying to find the right bike and financing, and get what I want for mine in a trade. I will probablyend up selling mine on my own in the next week or so. But I would appreciate the info on that dealer. Thanks
I'm popping in the dealers next Tuesday, I'll take my camera just in case it's still there.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I have a black 'B' and after staring at it for weeks I must say I am pissed with Harley Davidson! They really should have painted the riser clamshell and headlight black. they are the only silver pieces on the bike. everything else is black or chrome or polished. It's cool, someday my forks, tripple trees, headlight, and risers will all find black paint on them. and yes I will post some pics!

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Im with you on adding black. Mine is custom painted.......black with marblized silver and violet and i have had my clamshell and headlight painted black as well as my hand controls. Thought about Chroming the hand controls but after its all done I like how the Black looks better. I went with a Gloss black on the hand controls had them painted rather than buying the stock HD flat black ones. Im also thinking of painting the stock brake calipers black too! ..........time will tell!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts