Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the skinny, at lower RPM 2500-3500 and steady part thottle above 3500-5000 in lower gearss 3rd or less is when its most noticalbe. I feel it fish bite or buck it is slight and any movement of the throttle it goes away till it stablizes again. This maybe me but it seems like throttle responce is not as crisp.

The what is it acts like if it were a carb the idle mixture screws are turned out too far or the jet is a little to big. I installed new coils and they seemed to help. I took the whole fuel system apart looked inspected checked fuel pressure saw nothing and FP was in spec. Even for a ride down the road. Anyone ever have an injector go bad. I know a few have had bad coils.

One other thing it dose is when slowing down it afterfires in the exhuast. That may be unrelated ie. exhuast leak at head gasket or figure 8 clamp. I do notice it along with this feeling of being rich.

no codes current or historic.

Many tanks of gas, all different air temps, checked all connectors for corosion and fuses good grounds and fresh battery.

I do not have the electrical book so I would be guessing on MAP, or IAT sensor voltage range.

·
james
601 Posts
if remember correctly they all have this problem on the stock ecm. the epa setting are checked around them RPMs and that is what makes the bike not quite right. i could be wrong cause i am still learning new stuff every day...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts