Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Pure Hooliganism
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a chapter of Accessories Anonymous? Man, I can't stop buying!! Motorclothes, add ons, upgrades, and chrome! It's like drugs! I wanna stop but can't! It's costing me double too, 'cause when my wife finds out how much I spend, she gets equal opportunity to match me at the mall....ouch! I wonder how many times I've said, "one last thing, then I'm done!" Then I see something else..... Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dude, I'm with you!!! Now, I'm really and truly in need of a part (I bent my front wheel) and ran out of excuses to make her buy into it. I think I've over extended the "It's a safety issue" line one too many times....you know, pipes are needed to make sure cars hear you, an LED light to make sure they see you, etc.. Too funny!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yeah, I'm this way on ebay. For God's sake, if you never do ebay, don't. Its like Christmas when you were a kid. When I get home from work, I check my front door to see if there is a package there. And I buy shit I don't need becuase its such a good "deal".

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
Yeah, I'm this way on ebay. For God's sake, if you never do ebay, don't. Its like Christmas when you were a kid. When I get home from work, I check my front door to see if there is a package there. And I buy shit I don't need becuase its such a good "deal".
:stupid: :stupid:

Are you trying to outbid me on some items at the moment????

:angeldev:

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
well i have slown down .. but.. it IS like a sickness.. i currently have 7 jackets .. 2 pairs of chaps.. 5 pairs of boots.. and we arent gonna talk about all the stuff i have.. but will suffice it to say .. i have two sets of "back up" skins.. among other things..the best part?

i dont have to play the "fair" game.. LOL

·
Blinded Vrod Spender
248 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
well i have slown down .. but.. it IS like a sickness.. i currently have 7 jackets .. 2 pairs of chaps.. 5 pairs of boots.. and we arent gonna talk about all the stuff i have.. but will suffice it to say .. i have two sets of "back up" skins.. among other things..the best part?

Are you the one I curse out because I got outbid on the last 10 seconds?
GIMME YOUR EBAY ID :spank:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am starting to mod the mods I bought.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
OK, this is bad....... I buy stuff from Flea-Bay (that I don't need) and then take it to the dealership for installation......

Ouch..... :D

NOT REALLY..... (unless it requires dropping the engine out of the frame).

HH

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
RODent said:
I am starting to mod the mods I bought.
Me too. Stuff sometimes shows up that I completely forgot I bought for the bike.
eBay is the devil.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
HH my dealer wont do that.. for them to install it it has to be bought there.. i did however do some sweet talk to get my exhaust done.. they told me after that to stay away from ebay cause they wouldnt do any more for me.. and i was like i didnt get it from ebay i got it off my forum.. he said well regardless.. anyway . i got what i wanted in the end .. i guess its good to have a nice smile and know how to work the eyelashes!!

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
HH my dealer wont do that..
That's the other thing. Unless it's warranty work, I do my own work. I've doubled the size of my tool collection because of my mods...but it's a whole lot cheaper than having the dealership do it...

3OliveMartini said:
i guess its good to have a nice smile and know how to work the eyelashes!!
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Amen! I do like the safety chrome idea! I knew I was not alone, when at MWTII, one guy at the table heard my wife discussing my purchases appearing on the porch, and he offered this sage advice: " have them deliver the stuff at work!!!" BRILLIANT! Now to cover the financials, and I am home free! Yes, we need a 12 step program. First meeting is at Basswood, MO, on the 19th, in the party barn. "Hi, I'm Joe, and I have an accessories problem" See you there! Liz, you can go 2nd..........!

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
well i do the things i am most comfortable with.. i am even gonna do my own oil this weekend.. but the exhaust was someting i didnt wanna deal with and the tuning.. well i was afriad i would blow my bike up lol..

anything that has to do with safety though i would rather have some one that knows what they are doing workign on it.. you know like brakes.. stuff that is important ..

i can do the small stuff changing out pegs.. mirrors.. tail light etc.. i am not really intimidated .. there are just things i prefer to leave to other ppl

and for the record..first i prefer Beth.. if you must shorten my name.. and second.. i really dont think i have a problem.. now if my purchases get in the way of important stuff liek say new shoes or food.. then i will admit to a problem.. but i think in the past two months i have spent less than 500 on my bike..

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
3OliveMartini said:

!!!!!Denial is not a river in Egypt! I have to admit, Roger is our posterboy!:notworth:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts