Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been thinking about purchasing a used v-rod and one of the things I want is ABS. I have been looking around and it looks like it became a standard feature on the bikes at some point, so some listings don't even mention it. I'm sure with all the knowledge here on this site someone could let me know what year ABS became standard and what years it was an option. Thanks in advance.

·
Warming sceptic
127 Posts
It was an option from 2008. Standard equipment from 2011/2012 I think?

·
Banned
837 Posts
Optional starting in 2008
Became standard in 2014
Hard to tell, but you can see an extra wire running down to the ABS sensor on the left side of the front wheel.

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Hello all. I have been thinking about purchasing a used v-rod and one of the things I want is ABS. I have been looking around and it looks like it became a standard feature on the bikes at some point, so some listings don't even mention it. I'm sure with all the knowledge here on this site someone could let me know what year ABS became standard and what years it was an option. Thanks in advance.
Another thing you'll learn by searching this site is that the VRSC ABS systems are problematic and not properly supported by Harley. This includes other Harley models besides the VRSC bikes. There's a recall for 2008 to 2011 Touring, CVO, and VRSC models to address a problem with poorly maintained ABS systems. Many posters here have questioned why the recall doesn't extend to newer models and some with ABS problems on these newer bikes are actually removing or bypassing the ABS system to avoid spending > $1000 to fix their brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts