Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Kicking cancer's ass
Joined
·
969 Posts
I would get ABS, without a doubt. Not enough to sell my 07, but if it had been available I would have included it.
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
If I was buying new right now I wouldn't even consider not buying one with ABS
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
Max said:
If I was buying new right now I wouldn't even consider not buying one with ABS
:stupid:

No doubt.
 

·
Fah q 2
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
i would rather use the money for mods. i see no sense for ABS on motorcycles unless you have no experience at all, in that case... the beast is not for you

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
santeg said:
i would rather use the money for mods. i see no sense for ABS on motorcycles unless you have no experience at all, in that case... the beast is not for you
Very stupid statment....ABS would work great with a newbie and a seasoned veteran

Look at Formula one racers they are some of the best in the world but their cars have traction control and other driver aides


ABS one day might save your life or your ass!! :spank:
 

·
Fah q 2
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Very stupid statment....ABS would work great with a newbie and a seasoned veteran

Look at Formula one racers they are some of the best in the world but their cars have traction control and other driver aides


ABS one day might save your life or your ass!! :spank:
well, traction control is one thing and ABS is another, Abs is not effective in curves, maybee a little dangerous, the only use for it is on slippery surfaces, and if your a newbee, it just give a false sense of security and you WILL go down

If your wife wants to learn to drive, don't stand in her way.
 

·
Fah q 2
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
B.T.W... i dont know noone in drag racing with ABS.
Noor any Gran Prix teams that race with ABS on there machines...
They must not have arrived at that technology yet,
or maybe they know something that we dont.
its a well know fact that you can stop sooner without it than you can with,
If you dont know how to drive a motorcycle, especially a vrod, you will eventually meet the asfault, ABS does not make up for neglect.


I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
santeg said:
B.T.W... i dont know noone in drag racing with ABS.
Noor any Gran Prix teams that race with ABS on there machines...
They must not have arrived at that technology yet,
or maybe they know something that we dont.
its a well know fact that you can stop sooner without it than you can with,
If you dont know how to drive a motorcycle, especially a vrod, you will eventually meet the asfault, ABS does not make up for neglect.


I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places.
It's always nice though to have a little extra something just in case. Expierence will not get you out of EVERY situation. Why has Harly equipped their police cruisers for ABS for so many years. I don't think it's because motorcycle cops don't know how to ride.
 

·
Registered Abuser
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
ABS for sure. If the Motor COPS use it and like it, then I am sure it will work for me. I have never seen a better rider than the these guys, they can make a bike do things I could only wish I could do.
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
9,302 Posts
I would get it with ABS if it was me. But.... I agree on a dry road you can probably stop shorter without it if you know what your doing. No chance you can beat it in the rain unless you have some kind of Godlike powers. My experience with ABS involves cars and not bikes though so my .02 is just my opinion.

Motorcycle cops in Grapevine TX are really only good at leaning on their bikes and aiming radar guns at commuters.
 

·
Registered Abuser
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
santeg said:
i would rather use the money for mods. i see no sense for ABS on motorcycles unless you have no experience at all, in that case... the beast is not for you

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush
LOL!!
 

·
Fah q 2
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
your right, safety wise, you asked for an opinion, we should all be in cagers than if you start down that street,
all i am saying is that if your self consious and aware when your cruisin', than ABS is a waste of money. If your not consiuos of your situation than ABS wont save you, For how ignorent people tend to be, they just might risk more thinking that ABS will stop them. Only for certain situations MIGHT it actually be usefull, On slippery surfaces, but in those situations its the curves that get you, A better set of tires would be money well spent, better lights so that you can be seen, nitrous...

"Some people suffer from insanity, others just enjoy it."
 

·
Fah q 2
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
To be a cop on 2 wheels i think they got go thru some kinda bike school, they say its like boot-camp, in my opinion, it should be mandatory before they give you the FOB

If purple monkeys weren't meant to fly then why do i only see them when I'm high?
 

·
Registered Abuser
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
santeg said:
To be a cop on 2 wheels i think they got go thru some kinda bike school, they say its like boot-camp, in my opinion, it should be mandatory before they give you the FOB

If purple monkeys weren't meant to fly then why do i only see them when I'm high?
Yes, they go through countless hours of training and then they train for competitions as well. Their training never ends, it is ongoing and they must pass some pretty hard test to stay a motor COP. I attended a skilled riders course that was 2 days long taught by motor COP instructors and it just gave us a small sample of their training. I plan on attending a new advanced course that they just started up here in Jax as well. I enjoy the classes and I feel you can never have too much training so that you can survive on the streets. It's also a good refresher to take these classes even after you have been riding for years. When you feel that you have mastered your bike, that is when it is time to sell it, cause you are going to find out you haven't.

I still will be getting ABS on my next bike if it is available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
santeg said:
your right, safety wise, you asked for an opinion, we should all be in cagers than if you start down that street,
all i am saying is that if your self consious and aware when your cruisin', than ABS is a waste of money. If your not consiuos of your situation than ABS wont save you, For how ignorent people tend to be, they just might risk more thinking that ABS will stop them. Only for certain situations MIGHT it actually be usefull, On slippery surfaces, but in those situations its the curves that get you, A better set of tires would be money well spent, better lights so that you can be seen, nitrous...

"Some people suffer from insanity, others just enjoy it."
:stilpoke:
 

·
This is Only a Test
Joined
·
284 Posts
Some of you surely know emergency braking better than I do.
So help me to understand, is there EVER a time you would want the ability to lock up the front wheel?

We all do agree that rolling tires, right before lockup, have more braking power than when they are locked up, right?

(I argued on the wrong side of this question for years.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
Well according to snateg if you have expierence then it will never happen...I have been riding for many years and can take corners with the best of them. On a rainy day I would love to have the ABS.

What is nice about the Harley setup is that the Front and Rear are seperated, not linked like on the Hondas and BMWs setups
 

·
Fah q 2
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
i have never heard of someone going down because they locked up their front brakes. or the cagers cant see ya, or your not paying attension and run into something, or the cagers, or your going TOO FAST. And, when your going too fast to stop youwont stop cause now you got ABS on your bike. You wont stop cause YOUR GOING TOO FAST. The last choice you got in those situations, if you got time, is to kindly ask Jesus, or budda, or whatever entitty you preach, TO SAVE YOUR ASS. -and i didn't mispell-
I have personally tasted asfault 5 times in my 2 wheeled history, ABS would have just cost me more when it was time to repair


"Some people suffer from insanity, others just enjoy it."
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top