Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Is it just me or does the ABS disturb anyone else out there?
Has anyone disconnected it?

I've asked for it to be looked at a few times when the bike has been in for a service. There is never a fault ... apparently.
The shuddering that takes place split-seconds before the potential "impact" and the noticeable (well, to me anyway) reduction in deceleration really threatens to fill my underpants .... y'know!

I guess those guys in Lab Coats with lots of pens and sharp pencils in their breast pockets know best, but, it is simply really disturbing to me.
Am I alone in this or has anyone experienced the same thing and, more importantly, found a solution?

Kind regards,
Matt.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Hey Guys,

Is it just me or does the ABS disturb anyone else out there?
Has anyone disconnected it?

I've asked for it to be looked at a few times when the bike has been in for a service. There is never a fault ... apparently.
The shuddering that takes place split-seconds before the potential "impact" and the noticeable (well, to me anyway) reduction in deceleration really threatens to fill my underpants .... y'know!

I guess those guys in Lab Coats with lots of pens and sharp pencils in their breast pockets know best, but, it is simply really disturbing to me.
Am I alone in this or has anyone experienced the same thing and, more importantly, found a solution?

Kind regards,
Matt.
Are you sure it's not a warped rotor causing the shudder and extended stopping distance? Generally the only time ABS can noticeably extend braking distance is having it activate on a washboard road surface under heavy braking. It takes quite a bit to activate the ABS and if you are feeling this pulsing in normal to medium stops, it's not the ABS causing it. My 13 DX use to pulse like a bastard from a warped front rotor. Nice and smooth now.
Ron

·
F2NV
1,786 Posts
Have you taken it to the dealer for the brake "recall"?

Like others have mentioned probably a rotor with that pulsation.

I like having the abs and you know when it kicks in but definitely not violent or uncontrollable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.