Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Perth, Western Australia. I have just bought a new VRSCF Muscle - with ABS. Problem is the ABS has decided not to work. I have't modified anything yet.
When I start the bike the ABS light flashes then goes out when I move off (As it should) After a minute or so it comes back on...book says "ABS not working - see dealer". So far the bike has been in at the dealer for over a week.
They have been unable to dignose what is/isn't going on. The service manager told me that the sensors have been replaced, likewise ABS module - and the fault light keeps coming on.
They have apparently checked the wiring.
I have posted this on the Australian HD forum also - thought I would see in anyone there has a clue as to what is happening with my bike.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hi from Perth, Western Australia. I have just bought a new VRSCF Muscle - with ABS. Problem is the ABS has decided not to work. I have't modified anything yet.
When I start the bike the ABS light flashes then goes out when I move off (As it should) After a minute or so it comes back on...book says "ABS not working - see dealer". So far the bike has been in at the dealer for over a week.
They have been unable to dignose what is/isn't going on. The service manager told me that the sensors have been replaced, likewise ABS module - and the fault light keeps coming on.
They have apparently checked the wiring.
I have posted this on the Australian HD forum also - thought I would see in anyone there has a clue as to what is happening with my bike.
This will be pretty hard to diagnose without more info.

When the ABS light activated that means there was one or more ABS DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) set. There are more than 30 different ABS DTCs. It would help to know which trouble codes are current or historic with this bike.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the diagnostic code gizmo. Will have to get one - I am not used to modern bikes. My old Vincent was easy to diagnose:) if the lights etc didn't work, the voltage regulator was playing up. If it wouldn't start - then I was doing something wrong.
However - I will attempt to find out from the dealer what DTC's are telling the story.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I don't have the diagnostic code gizmo. Will have to get one - I am not used to modern bikes. ...
You don't need a "gizmo" but you might want to get the service manual (99501-10), parts catalog (99457-10), and electrical diagnostic manual (99499-10). The codes can be read on the odometer display by using the proper button pushing and ignition switch sequence as explained here.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
It will be good to get the codes from the dealer,but you can retrieve the codes yourself.
Look here.http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3
This needs an update because of the ABS,but pushing the button will still scroll and display any and all codes that might be stored and current.

Take some time and surf around this forum.It's filled with more information about the V-Rod,more information about this motorcycle than any place else.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stever975 - thank you very much for that info. I will go see the dealer this morning and get those manuals.
ElrodontheV-Rod - thank you sir. I did not know about the display functions. I will go check that out when I get off the computer.
I have found this forum excellent - I might have to take a trip to the USA next year.....could be dangerous - for my credit card haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts