Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing for those that have more than a V-rod (gasp!):

I just released my HD2 ABS Flush Utility for 2012-present touring and Softail bikes.

The HD1 ABS Flush Utility is for all ABS equipped V-rods and HD bikes with J1850/4 pin.

Cheapest and easiest solution on the market for flushing ABS equipped bikes hands down.

www.infotechmercenary.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did not wait until after the holiday! Order just placed. Let me know if I will get s shipping notice and tracking number. Look forward to doing this myself! Dealer gets about $115 do do this and I don't think there has been a time I dropped my bike off that they did not damage or scratch it in some way. Plus dealing with dropping off and picking up. Also, can not be sure they are flushing it as well as I would. I have very little faith in my Harley dealership.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not wait until after the holiday! Order just placed. Let me know if I will get s shipping notice and tracking number. Look forward to doing this myself! Dealer gets about $115 do do this and I don't think there has been a time I dropped my bike off that they did not damage or scratch it in some way. Plus dealing with dropping off and picking up. Also, can not be sure they are flushing it as well as I would. I have very little faith in my Harley dealership.
Check your email. Processed and shipped already!

You are absolutely right about the dealership. Not to mention, I recommend flushing the brake fluid annually. It's cheap and the tool pays for itself after the first use.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tempting.
Had to swap out the abs unit to the Touring model coupla years ago,
set me way over one grand back...
You ship overseas?

Saved.
Yes I do and have. Costs about $30 usd to ship to you. I can get it in the mail today if you desire.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have you thought about having a kit that has one tablet and both connectors? Thinking for someone who has his and hers bikes and each has different plugs or for service shops so they would not need to get two separate tablets to service Harley's.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you thought about having a kit that has one tablet and both connectors? Thinking for someone who has his and hers bikes and each has different plugs or for service shops so they would not need to get two separate tablets to service Harley's.
Indeed. I have a few prototype products in the wild with some rather interesting features as well. Unfortunately this is not my full job, but being a small business owner I do have some directional latitude. I will say this has been a very interesting adventure. Lots of surprises and ideas.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ABS Flush Utility Back In Stock

I have had a ton of calls about the HD1 (4 pin...which is what you need for any year V-rod that has ABS) availability.

I spent the last week catching up on production (we had a stupid amount of snow resulting in week long UPS delivery delays).

Anyways, I have a mountain of HD1 parts/product back in stock.

As a thank you to the 1130.cc forum I am offering a 10% discount on either HD1 or HD2 (6 pin if you own a newer non V-rod HD).

You can contact me on our website for the discount code ([email protected]) with your forum name and desired product.

Thanks for the support guys!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sharing for those that have more than a V-rod (gasp!):

I just released my HD2 ABS Flush Utility for 2012-present touring and Softail bikes.

The HD1 ABS Flush Utility is for all ABS equipped V-rods and HD bikes with J1850/4 pin.

Cheapest and easiest solution on the market for flushing ABS equipped bikes hands down.

www.infotechmercenary.com
Freudie1, sent you an email with some questions. Thanks!!

·
VRSC est -03
2,537 Posts
ABS Flush Utility Tool

Finally got around and tested out this product as it has been collecting dust in the toolbox over a year. A bit worried as I`m not a computer guy (hey, what happened to points and carburettors?) as description said password, app, etc.. watched that tube video too.
And guess, it all went well. Not a single hick up! Bled the brakes, dug up tablet and went thru the instruction/installation, cycled hcu unit, bled brakes again. Done.
Thanks Jason for making a well function tool. Whats next out your sleeve?

·
Registered
94 Posts
glad this works for you. Mine is terrible to use and I switched to a daytona Twin tech. I bought mine from Jason in 2018 and has been NOTHING but problems. EVERY Time I tried to use it, it would not sync to the app and I would have to email him to get it to work. He would have to reset my account on his server and then it would work..... until the next time and then same thing. He owns the rights to his app so when you purchase from him, if anything should happen to his business, or his server, you have nothing but a useless app and a tablet. It will not work unless it is verified on his server each time you attempt to use it. The twin tech I own and as long as I have a computer it works 100% of the time. I will say that Jason was EXTREMELY fast at resolving the issues but I just cannot continue to use a product that I have to have my account reset each time. He did tell me some bikes have a sync issue due To something with the timing of the bikes computer and when the app is trying to connect and that he was trying to find time over the winter to find what is causing this issue.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
ABS Flush Utility Tool

Finally got around and tested out this product as it has been collecting dust in the toolbox over a year. A bit worried as I`m not a computer guy (hey, what happened to points and carburettors?) as description said password, app, etc.. watched that tube video too.
And guess, it all went well. Not a single hick up! Bled the brakes, dug up tablet and went thru the instruction/installation, cycled hcu unit, bled brakes again. Done.
See, now how can you get that kind of excitement with points and carbs? Don't forget the condenser too. I think all of us older people remember the simplicity of the old days, especially when EFI pisses us off.
Ron

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
glad this works for you. Mine is terrible to use and I switched to a daytona Twin tech. I bought mine from Jason in 2018 and has been NOTHING but problems. EVERY Time I tried to use it, it would not sync to the app and I would have to email him to get it to work. He would have to reset my account on his server and then it would work..... until the next time and then same thing. He owns the rights to his app so when you purchase from him, if anything should happen to his business, or his server, you have nothing but a useless app and a tablet. It will not work unless it is verified on his server each time you attempt to use it. The twin tech I own and as long as I have a computer it works 100% of the time. I will say that Jason was EXTREMELY fast at resolving the issues but I just cannot continue to use a product that I have to have my account reset each time. He did tell me some bikes have a sync issue due To something with the timing of the bikes computer and when the app is trying to connect and that he was trying to find time over the winter to find what is causing this issue.
Sorry, but I take this as a slightly backhanded compliment.

Couple of things to consider:

The Daytona unit is over $300 last I checked AND you need a laptop to install/use it on. Crazy for simply the ability to actuate HCU valves.

How many times are you bleeding your HCU on your bike? Most people do it every two years (and it's a 30 second procedure minus the manual flush portion of the job). IF you have this issue (and I believe I recall who you are in real life), an e-mail or a phone call (which as you know I almost always answer immediately) is worth ditching a simple and affordable product to go with an ancient laptop based product?

HD is NOT consistent in their quality of components. I have horror stories (and mounting) of the changes by year (sometimes by month!) and the odd quirks I have found in their farmed out electronics (thank you Delphi). I have put ridiculous hours into this product which quite frankly was never going to be released at one point (it was a personal product/challenge and a friend suggested I sell it to pay for some of my other projects and/or bike parts). I appreciate that it was frustrating for you, however I would have rather you not berated my product publicly as such. NOTE: I have the product setup the way I do as believe it or not (I'm sure many do believe it) I have had countless attempts at people trying to rip off my product (my favorite was an MC in my area that tried to buy it and use it on a ton of different bikes then got pissed when a friend tipped me off and I offered him the shop version.....).

I realize I can't make everyone happy (I'm a Dad with tons of kids so this is very true in my world!), but to basically shit on my product is not cool. You do realize these bikes are a dead platform for the most part right (including aftermarket). I have a ton of other ideas, but comments like these make me consider keeping them private and just move on with my day job.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ABS Flush Utility Tool

Knut,

Appreciate the feedback! I made that app for you specifically at that time so I am glad it's doing the job.

As for other ideas....I have been very busy. Unfortunately I have more ideas than I do time and money (I have a whole shop to prove that...ha!), but I will spill the beans on what's going on in my world right now:

The "Mini-Gauges" Project:

This came from the idea that it would be cool to have an integrated boost gauge for those that have installed a turbo or supercharger on their V-rod. There is little to no extra "real estate" in the current instrument cluster to add additional information (i.e. like Dutch does with his gear position indicator...that's about as much space I see left and it's very minimal).

Enter the mini-gauge. It's actually going to be 2 OLED displays that are encapsulated in a new instrument cluster bezel such that it sits above the cluster....and looks like it came from the factory this way (shape that is). Data displayed will be various. I currently have a prototype where I display boost...vac...and max boost level attained during a riding session. On the other gauge display I am display pre and boost intercooler temp probe data (more on this in a moment). The product will be very affordable (and not look like a 1980s video game....which is what I have seen for our bikes in past lives). Install will be simple too.

The "Full Monty" Project:

This is a full 7" TFT replacement instrument cluster with custom enclosure as well. I have been working on the code for a while on this (the possibilities are endless). I decided to do this as A. I think this bike deserves something a bit more modern than analogue style gauges and B. Wouldn't it be cool to not only choose what you display but change the background/graphics/etc at will? I do! More details coming as I get a demo video made (and my bike back in one piece...more on that too)...

My favorite part of this project is I decided to add a progressive shift light to the top of the enclosure with some very cool led strip. You can even control the behavior of the lights (different graphic modes/directions/etc). It's definitely inspired by some of the super sport bikes I have seen, but none the less something I think is "cool" and not that expensive to add to the project.

Project Boost:

Sorry, I don't have a cooler name for this one, but cooler it will be. First, it was a long time coming but I decided to bite the bullet and start learning SolidWorks. Between the crazy prototype design prices (and printing!) that I have received in the last year, I decided I need to learn how to design in SolidWorks and get my own 3D printer (on it's way as I type actually).

With that being said I am knee deep designing a Rotrex (it makes the most sense on our bikes packaging wise) based supercharger kit for the V-rod. It's going to be the best of all kits I have seen on the market (and used to be on the market). Key details:

• C15-60 head unit: 11-12 PSI max based on specs. This would put you at the 200 whp mark easily.
  • Intercooled: Most kits I have seen offer no intercooler option OR they place an ancient air-air one in front of the already compromised radiator on our bikes (worse is most tend to get rid of the air shrouds on the radiator to make it fit...really bad idea). This is using air-water and a heat exchanger setup that will not result in any of the aforementioned compromises. More details as I get to that part of the project in real life.
  • Delphi ECU tunable: This was my impetus/motivation for creating this project. I have a ton of past live experience tuning vehicles (used to own a firm that did nothing but). I believe the ability (and benefits) to using the Delphi controller for boosted applications on our bike has not been fully utilized (2 BAR and under to be accurate that is...beyond that boost level aftermarket for sure). There are several pitfalls in the "Non-boost aware" controller, but there are several easy workarounds that I intend to prove as this project wraps up.
  • Integrated blow off valve (BOV) and integrated boost control valve: The BOV is required to keep the Rotrex happy when you close the throttle. You don't want 10+ psi of pressure back flowing into the wheel. Not good. Easy fix is a BOV (same principal as a turbo system). For the boost control, I do not like restricting airflow from the intake as a means of boost control (it has several terrible attributes that way). I prefer post head unit to control boost that reaches the throttle body. I have a very simple and reliable mechanism being implemented to make this happen (and more importantly easy to turn the wick up so to speak for things like drag racing, tuning, etc.....).
  • Price: TRYING to keep this within the stratosphere of pricing for the average V-rod owner. In my mind this is <4 grand. I have to get this wrapped up on my bike first then I can start properly documenting and pricing it as an aftermarket offering. I am a bit (read: alot) worried this might be a one and done project as this is a very time consuming ordeal (and support may be more than I want to deal with...not everyone can wrench!).
So.....I'm just a little busy (and these are only my bike related projects, I have 3 other automotive projects I am working on for other clients).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Knut,

Appreciate the feedback! I made that app for you specifically at that time so I am glad it's doing the job.

As for other ideas....I have been very busy. Unfortunately I have more ideas than I do time and money (I have a whole shop to prove that...ha!), but I will spill the beans on what's going on in my world right now:

The "Mini-Gauges" Project:

This came from the idea that it would be cool to have an integrated boost gauge for those that have installed a turbo or supercharger on their V-rod. There is little to no extra "real estate" in the current instrument cluster to add additional information (i.e. like Dutch does with his gear position indicator...that's about as much space I see left and it's very minimal).

Enter the mini-gauge. It's actually going to be 2 OLED displays that are encapsulated in a new instrument cluster bezel such that it sits above the cluster....and looks like it came from the factory this way (shape that is). Data displayed will be various. I currently have a prototype where I display boost...vac...and max boost level attained during a riding session. On the other gauge display I am display pre and boost intercooler temp probe data (more on this in a moment). The product will be very affordable (and not look like a 1980s video game....which is what I have seen for our bikes in past lives). Install will be simple too.

The "Full Monty" Project:

This is a full 7" TFT replacement instrument cluster with custom enclosure as well. I have been working on the code for a while on this (the possibilities are endless). I decided to do this as A. I think this bike deserves something a bit more modern than analogue style gauges and B. Wouldn't it be cool to not only choose what you display but change the background/graphics/etc at will? I do! More details coming as I get a demo video made (and my bike back in one piece...more on that too)...

My favorite part of this project is I decided to add a progressive shift light to the top of the enclosure with some very cool led strip. You can even control the behavior of the lights (different graphic modes/directions/etc). It's definitely inspired by some of the super sport bikes I have seen, but none the less something I think is "cool" and not that expensive to add to the project.

Project Boost:

Sorry, I don't have a cooler name for this one, but cooler it will be. First, it was a long time coming but I decided to bite the bullet and start learning SolidWorks. Between the crazy prototype design prices (and printing!) that I have received in the last year, I decided I need to learn how to design in SolidWorks and get my own 3D printer (on it's way as I type actually).

With that being said I am knee deep designing a Rotrex (it makes the most sense on our bikes packaging wise) based supercharger kit for the V-rod. It's going to be the best of all kits I have seen on the market (and used to be on the market). Key details:

• C15-60 head unit: 11-12 PSI max based on specs. This would put you at the 200 whp mark easily.
  • Intercooled: Most kits I have seen offer no intercooler option OR they place an ancient air-air one in front of the already compromised radiator on our bikes (worse is most tend to get rid of the air shrouds on the radiator to make it fit...really bad idea). This is using air-water and a heat exchanger setup that will not result in any of the aforementioned compromises. More details as I get to that part of the project in real life.
  • Delphi ECU tunable: This was my impetus/motivation for creating this project. I have a ton of past live experience tuning vehicles (used to own a firm that did nothing but). I believe the ability (and benefits) to using the Delphi controller for boosted applications on our bike has not been fully utilized (2 BAR and under to be accurate that is...beyond that boost level aftermarket for sure). There are several pitfalls in the "Non-boost aware" controller, but there are several easy workarounds that I intend to prove as this project wraps up.
  • Integrated blow off valve (BOV) and integrated boost control valve: The BOV is required to keep the Rotrex happy when you close the throttle. You don't want 10+ psi of pressure back flowing into the wheel. Not good. Easy fix is a BOV (same principal as a turbo system). For the boost control, I do not like restricting airflow from the intake as a means of boost control (it has several terrible attributes that way). I prefer post head unit to control boost that reaches the throttle body. I have a very simple and reliable mechanism being implemented to make this happen (and more importantly easy to turn the wick up so to speak for things like drag racing, tuning, etc.....).
  • Price: TRYING to keep this within the stratosphere of pricing for the average V-rod owner. In my mind this is <4 grand. I have to get this wrapped up on my bike first then I can start properly documenting and pricing it as an aftermarket offering. I am a bit (read: alot) worried this might be a one and done project as this is a very time consuming ordeal (and support may be more than I want to deal with...not everyone can wrench!).
So.....I'm just a little busy (and these are only my bike related projects, I have 3 other automotive projects I am working on for other clients).
shit on your product? No offense but in my application your product is shit. It never works without having to have you reset your server. I gave you a compliment that you were always very quick to reset It for me. hoe Many times do I bleed my brakes??? What does that matter if your product does not work for me? For your info, I do it annually. I also do it mid year as well as my thought it that as the abs really never gets used, what better way to flow fluid through it to prevent future deposits by running the bleed function to cycle the abs unit. I dealt directly with you over the last two years and you have been unable to get it to work so it is not like I did not give you a chance. Two years is long enough withholdimg my experience to others. You admitted last year that there was a bug you were trying to resolve in a syncing timing issue with some bikes and that if you had time over winter to resolve it you would swap my unit out with a new one. Never heard from you again. one Of two things will happen with my post. Either there is a bigger problem which others will chime in on or as I was one of the first runs of your product, maybe i Am the only one with this issue. If that’s the case, others that view this thread will see that the majority of feedback is either good or bad and make their decision to purchase from you or not.
I am sorry you are not able to take constructive criticism on your product to make it better. I was not attacking you, gave you since 2018 to resolve and just posting my experience. I am not looking to go back and forth further so I will not post anymore on this thread. I hope I am a one off and that the majority have success with your product. For me, I am out my initial cost since it would not work for me plus the cost of having to buy the twin tech. was closer to $400 for that unit and that is why I tried yours initially due to low cost. Again, I will put it out there that you were always responsive to me and quickly resetting but I should not have to contact you eveytime I want to use the spftware on my bike

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
shit on your product? No offense but in my application your product is shit. It never works without having to have you reset your server. I gave you a compliment that you were always very quick to reset It for me. hoe Many times do I bleed my brakes??? What does that matter if your product does not work for me? For your info, I do it annually. I also do it mid year as well as my thought it that as the abs really never gets used, what better way to flow fluid through it to prevent future deposits by running the bleed function to cycle the abs unit. I dealt directly with you over the last two years and you have been unable to get it to work so it is not like I did not give you a chance. Two years is long enough withholdimg my experience to others. You admitted last year that there was a bug you were trying to resolve in a syncing timing issue with some bikes and that if you had time over winter to resolve it you would swap my unit out with a new one. Never heard from you again. one Of two things will happen with my post. Either there is a bigger problem which others will chime in on or as I was one of the first runs of your product, maybe i Am the only one with this issue. If that’s the case, others that view this thread will see that the majority of feedback is either good or bad and make their decision to purchase from you or not.
I am sorry you are not able to take constructive criticism on your product to make it better. I was not attacking you, gave you since 2018 to resolve and just posting my experience. I am not looking to go back and forth further so I will not post anymore on this thread. I hope I am a one off and that the majority have success with your product. For me, I am out my initial cost since it would not work for me plus the cost of having to buy the twin tech. was closer to $400 for that unit and that is why I tried yours initially due to low cost. Again, I will put it out there that you were always responsive to me and quickly resetting but I should not have to contact you eveytime I want to use the spftware on my bike
You could have asked for a refund. That's what adults do, not tell the creator of a product that helps DIY guys that his "product is shit".

Not only that, if I recall correctly you DID flush your HCU twice since owning my product successfully.

None the less, you have gone your way I will go my way.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts