Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at two V-Rods, both are 06's... One is a Nightrod and the other is the Streetrod... Both have low miles, Nightrod (9,100 miles) they want $8500 and I offered $8300 for the Streetrod (2,300 miles)... I hope to have my replacement rod soon so I can begin the rebuild that I was going to do to my 05 this winter before it got totaled... Already have the list of parts and pieces I'm going to do on this rebuild ready to go :)... Once I start the build, I'll keep you guys posted with pic's on the progress... LOL 8 weeks after the accident my doctor tells me both my hips have stress fractures, gotta love doctors... Looks like I may have to add velcro to the seat and grips :) but I'm gunna be on a Rod again come spring :)...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
sucks to hear about your Docs bad news :( once the turbos bolted back up itll all be a distant memory....

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sucks to hear about your Docs bad news :( once the turbos bolted back up itll all be a distant memory....
LOL yeah you can say that again :)... Plus a few more goodies for the healing process :)... It's amazing how pain and depression just goes away once you twist the wick :)...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be headed down to Oregon Saturday to pickup the 06 Nightrod... Then, it's settle out with the insurance and begin the rebuild process :)...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice buy! your going to punish that poor poor bike...
Thanks. I'm happy with the deal, the bike only has 9200 miles on it and when I talked to them today they told me they put a new rear tire on... I didn't have the heart to tell them they didn't have to do that because I'm going to go with the 240 kit :)... LOL nah I won't punish her, she's going to get a complete makeover :)... A little of this, a little of that, a lil more hp/tq, water/alchohol injection, when she's done she'll be able to handle the punishment and look good at the same time :)... I couldn't go very long without a rod... I love my dresser but the rod is the soul and the best HD I've ever owned... I'm going to enjoy every minute of this build... I'm not going to go hp/tq crazy, 200 ponies and 135 or so tq is good enuff for me :)... I'm going to keep it black/polished/chrome theme which means I have to contact Nick and get new tubing in the black ceramic for the turbo... It's going to be a good winter :)... I've got my two bikes that I'm working on and two customer bikes starting in January so I'll have things to keep me busy and my apprentice will get a lot of knowledge on bike builds oh, and were doing his bike too :)...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice buy !
Thanks, heading down tomorrow to pick her up :)... I don't usually get excited bout getting a scoot that much but I'm excited bout this one, I may just have to name her Phoenix :)...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had a chance to go over the rod and found these minor issues...

1. Rear breather tube has a hole in it.
2. Needs new brake pads front and back

Other then those two minor issues, the bike is in great shape... I am happy :)... Now I gotta deal with the frigg'en insurance company to get what I want for the settlement and then take this Nightrod to another level :)...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Muwhahahahaha! Nice good luck with insurance. They have ALWAYS done me right when Ive totalled my toys ;) I just keep all receipts and take pictures often!

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Muwhahahahaha! Nice good luck with insurance. They have ALWAYS done me right when Ive totalled my toys ;) I just keep all receipts and take pictures often!
I'm hoping your right... My policy for uninsured is 25k (which will be the max I can get for this accident) which in this day and age is nothing for medical, pain and suffering... I'm hoping that they will just write me a check for the $25k and not have to get an attorney that will take at least a 1/3 of it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts