Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from a 1300 mile ride along the east coast on my 02 A model, that being said I rode with my stock seat and my a** is killing me now. I just wanted to know what seat is the most comfortable for the long haul. looks are not that important because I will be sitting on top of it and I am way uglier than any seat. thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I run the sundowner. I have done 350 miles in one day and felt fine. Did my ass start getting a little numb? Yes. But it was not unbearable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2075 Miles on Stock Seat

Completed a 2,075 mile round trip from the Bay Area (ca.) to canada and had NO PROBLEMS with the stock seat. Now I have the reach seat and perhaps that helped.

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm with redshifts on this one -
Got home day before yesterday after 2100 miles of Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana on a bone stock seat. After reading a lot of posts, I was really dreading the Dead Ass Synrdrome, but I was pleasantly surprised. The stock seat was not that bad, have ridden much worse. I'm 5'10" 160#, so maybe it's worse for larger people, but I'm pretty happy with the stocker.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An update:

The 2075 miles was completed in 6 days. Longest single day of riding was 530mi.

5'5" 270lbs. (I have llot of cushion) However, noo problem at all with the stock seat never had the sore ass. Just had to stretch out the back everyonce in awhile. Due to the different bikes (read.. gas tanks) we stopped approx. every 120 miles this may have helped.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I solved the but numbness with an AirHawk seat cover on my Sundowner. Its inflatable, and once you figure out the air pressure (less is better) that was the end of any ache.

·
2007AW, 2010 Ultra
121 Posts
Well I wasn't exactly happy with the stock seat, but didn't want to spend the money to upgrade not knowing if the higher dollar seats would be any better. So I opted to have the gel layer installed on the seat pan. He also added a little extra foam ($150, both seats). I still don't like it more than 100 miles, and I am getting 180 - 200 per tank. At this point I spent another $140 and got 2 of the gel pads to actually sit on. I'll give that a go. A buddy of mine rides a V-MAX and said it saves him from the ass-ache.

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
I have a recovered stock seat with gel inserts and it made a world of difference.....it rides as good as my sundower did and looks better...but still not suitable for someone to ride bitch on very far

·
1,738 Posts
Just get the Sundowner and ride. I have done severl 600 mile days and the ass always feels fine, the neck and shoulders not so good, but the seat....fine. It is acutally more comfortable than my Audi All-Road seats. Love the Sundowner.

Fred

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
Rode to the Bay Area (CA) and back (AZ) 700 miles each way. I used the Sundowner with gel inserts. No problems at all!

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
mustang seats are way comfy.... love mine

·
Registered
174 Posts
jedi said:
mustang seats are way comfy.... love mine
I second that! It's by far better than any stock Harley seat I've ridden.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I really like my 05SE solo seat, it's in between the stock seat and the sundowner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had Both Mustang & SunDowner

I have Had Both Mustang & SunDowner on my Road Rod. The Mustang W/ or W/o Riders Backrest was Ok Single, but The SunDowner is better Single and Much Better with a Passenger. The Sundowner needs the roll at top of riders portion removed ( a winter Project). A Large problem with any seat is the vinyl covering. I have a real leather S.E. Heated Seat on my Road Glide and it is EXCELLENT. I installed it last fall for the heated feature and was pleasantly suprised to find how comfortable it was.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just changed from the reduced reach to a SE seat on my '02. Reduced reach gave more comfort than my stock but the SE seat is better than both and has a much better look too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts