Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what the relay is in the legend air suspension kit. I have done air ride on cars and trucks just trying to figure out what kind of relay it is because 50 dollars seems a little high when I have a few sitting around the garage. If any one knows what kind of relays they are and can let me know. It would be much appreciated.

These are the ones I have sitting around.

Attachments

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i don't know about the air ride system your talking about , but the relay in the picture ain't nothing special. i got half a dozen of them in my toolbox now. prolly pick one up from napa for 10 bucks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I have them sitting around for air ride in vehicles. Buts I didn't know if they would work for the legend air compressor or if they would be to much amps.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
as long as the relay is rated for more amps than you need it will work fine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for the info and with that being said dose any one know the amps of the legend air ride relay

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I know that the relay for the Arnott's is the same type as is used for the ignition... It's just an electrical switch that completes the circuit, doesn't take anything special, certainly not $50 special :)... I got a drawer full of them bought at the local auto store for $5 a piece...

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
ok thanks for the info and with that being said dose any one know the amps of the legend air ride relay
Most Ive seen have the amperage stamped on top of the relay, like it is on the one in the pic.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
the 30 amp relays i worked with , you could wire it to be 2 -15 amp relays in one relay. it was for heavy spot lites on towing and recovery equipment.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I forget the name,but that relay is used everywhere on automobiles.The most common is 30a.The 40a won't fit because the blades are larger.
Stop in the local U-Pullit and get a handful or 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts