Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2K3...
Custom Paint, 28T HD Mod, SE Slip-Ons, Filter, and Downloads. Chromed Front / Rear Wheels, Fork Sliders, and Upper / Lower Belt Guards. HD O-Ring Footpegs (4), Shifter, and HD Lg Diameter Grips. Mini-Sissy Bar, 100th ann. chrome engine covers, chrome fuel tank covers and smoked signal lenses.

What I have done since taking ownership (two weeks ago)...
Sundowner and Pillion, Low Sissy-Bar, 100th Ann Backrest, Touring Shield (Thanks Franko Harley), Horn Clearance Relo (Thanks Forum), Audible Security Siren

Still / Currently On order...
Slip-on Exhaust Covers, Luggage Rack, V-Mod Saddlebag Supports, Ameritex Slant Saddlebags, and Reduced Reach (which will be flipped over for extended) Footpeg Mounts.

Thanks to Everyone in this Forum for their Support and Love of the V-Rod... It's nice to know you've got an awesome unique bike, however, you're never alone!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Great looking bike!

Any info on the Ameritex Slant Saddlebags you could pass along?

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Great looking bike, but...how funny is it that we each have different priorities. With all the mods done, the dog's a## is still on, and the coolant hose is still black - usually these are the first to go. Enjoy it and have fun.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Cool Bike!!! Awesome Skins! :cool:
Ditch The Reflectors and The Dog Arse!

:mrgr:

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree on the hose and dog's a--, but there is a method to my madness. The dog's a--... I'm waiting to see how much (if any) will be covered by the bags, cause lets face it, as ugly as it is, it is a convenient (already completed) place for hanging a license plate and turn signals. So I'll wait and see, it may still go. More Importantly, On the hose... this is a definite mod in my plans, but I really prefer the braided hose, and as we all know, it's not a simple do-it-yourselfer... but it will be done... sometime :broke:

I'll let you all know how the bags work out. Thx.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm the same way. I've done the 28T mod, double barrel pipes, windshield, and changed out countless parts and added chrome, but I still have the dogs ass and the black hose. I kind of like the black hose, and I just haven't figured out what I want to do with the dogs ass yet...

Oh, and your bike looks great!

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... I guess one major hesitation on getting rid of the dog's a$$, is that I remember when one of the forum members cut his a$$ off, but didn't lower the bike... well, lets just say if I wanted a dirtbike I wouldn't have a V-Rod and would be wondering what to do with the rest of my money. My wife enjoys riding with me, so I'm not sure if lowering the bike is such a great idea??? Don't Know??? Any feedback on riding 2up with a lowered bike?

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the infamous Dog's A$$. Circled in picture... it is the black plastic dingleberry hanging off the end of the fender. I believe it was our very own Doc that named it (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
vrodpilot said:
ok after everbody stops giving me a hard time tell me what is a dog's a##
:chair:
Here, I have a more Clearer picture of the Dogs Arse for you! :sinister: :diablo:

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Randy,

I think your ride is one of the seetest I seen! The black hose and doggy's ass are not the eyesore they may be on a different colored V-Rod or one such as my aluminum VRSC because the black tribal design ties it all together. It looks great as is and the braided hose will look even cooler! If you're tossing on some bags, I wouldn't even mess with the Dogg's booty.

Again, a VERY nice looking ride!! Who did the paint?

Later,
Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts