Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
"Dirty Red"
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gives?
I was in LA 2 weeks ago and had my ass handed to me by a bagger in a 1/4 mile run. My '06 Night Rod was killed and now I am the laughing stock of the club scene. Not a good thing when I am the only liquid cooled bike on the scene. My bike is equipped with a CFR exhaust, K&N air filter topless, CFR fueler and using splitfire plugs. Any help out there before I trade to a bagger?

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
How was your shifting?

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
First, get rid of the split fire plugs and put in stock plugs.

Second, get it tuned for your setup.

Third, practice some good hard launches and speed shifting at 8900 rpm.

Fourth, go back and whip his ass.

Mike

·
Banned
654 Posts
Triple7 said:
My limiter won't go to 9k. Limiter kicks in at around 7 or so.
sounds to me like the bike was breaking up at 7g giving the impression you hit the limiter.

change the plugs i tried split fires in my ultra a couple of times and always ended up miss firing at high rpms after they were run a while.:2cents:

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
DPierce02 said:
sounds to me like the bike was breaking up at 7g giving the impression you hit the limiter.

change the plugs i tried split fires in my ultra a couple of times and always ended up missing firing at high rpms after they were run a while.:2cents:
Yep, change the Shitfire plugs and see what happens then.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Did you let the bike heat up for a while. You have 2 limiters, a 7k one until the bike heats up and then a 9k one.

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
Triple7 said:
My limiter won't go to 9k. Limiter kicks in at around 7 or so.

When cold the rev limiter kicks in around 8,000 rpm and when warm on a stock bike it is at 8900. If yours is missing at 7000 something is amiss.

Change the plugs, get it tuned for the pipe and filter.

Mike

·
Registered
373 Posts
A 124" air cooled engine can easily have over 100 HP at the rear wheel and over 100 lbft of torque to go with it. If the rider knows his bike he could beat a fairly stock vrod.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Now go get that bike tuned up, and go back and whipp his @$$

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
ABE said:
A 124" air cooled engine can easily have over 100 HP at the rear wheel and over 100 lbft of torque to go with it. If the rider knows his bike he could beat a fairly stock vrod.

:stupid:

Better watch who you mess with. Last year at KC there was an aircooled HD running consistent 10's and laying an ass whoopin on all of the V's except for the turbo's and race bikes.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Not trying to sound like a dick or anything but I think either he was a highly experienced rider or your the utter opposite either way, that bike should have never beat you..

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
just last week I rode with an old friend that has a fatboy with a 106" upgrade, now it wasn't faster than my Vrod but it did surprize me quite a bit. just my 2 cents.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
:stupid:

Better watch who you mess with. Last year at KC there was an aircooled HD running consistent 10's and laying an ass whoopin on all of the V's except for the turbo's and race bikes.
He sure did and frequently by a HUGE margin! I agree, get those :bs: splitfire plugs out of your bike.

·
Registered
623 Posts
there is no replacement for diplacement. lets see 79 cu. in., against 124 cu. in., most likley 110 ft lbs of tourque, sure he's going to run hard. A $10,000 engine will do that

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
I could be wrong..........but I smell a troll.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts