2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Wonder did a great job IMO

Here's the link REV2

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
naaaa, the Airheads couldn't appreciate that fine piece of work. Awesome modern cafe racer

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Do you actually think the traditional airhead could appreciate that piece of art? I think not...

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is a piece of revolution art, the exposed radiator, where they placed the oil cooler, where they got the air for combustion, the exposed disks in the exhaust, the exhaust, etc..
this is the kind of work that steers me towards custom bikes, not that unrideable chopper shit everybody does

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is it me or does the swingarm look pretty weak? I like it though!
Yea, looks a little flimsy to me too but it could be ok. That's a custom built frame and I love the neck design. It's clean and above all makes a sport bike rake possible. The swingarm pivot does have that boomerang looking piece like a softail frame, looks trick too.

I'm not a cafe racer fan but the builder has what appears to me a very functional piece for that purpose. I'm not too keen on the air induction though doesn't appear to have a filter or even a screen.

·
1,016 Posts
Absofknlutely amazing!
i am inspired.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Yea, looks a little flimsy to me too but it could be ok. That's a custom built frame and I love the neck design. It's clean and above all makes a sport bike rake possible. The swingarm pivot does have that boomerang looking piece like a softail frame, looks trick too.

I'm not a cafe racer fan but the builder has what appears to me a very functional piece for that purpose. I'm not too keen on the air induction though doesn't appear to have a filter or even a screen.
Beautiful looking but I'm sure it's a flexy flier. That pretty steering neck looks especially weak. Very little in the way of frame tube diameter or any obvious back bone. Pretty but fragile.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Beautiful looking but I'm sure it's a flexy flier. That pretty steering neck looks especially weak. Very little in the way of frame tube diameter or any obvious back bone. Pretty but fragile.
I think the addition of some well placed gussets on the neck it would be fine, not as pretty though. The swingarm maybe not. It's sandwiched between a 100hp motor and a sticky tire. I wouldn't open it up till I was convinced the frame would not flex and go into a wobble under power or worse yet bend the swingarm like a pretzel.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
like it!

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Not for Airheads

naaaa, the Airheads couldn't appreciate that fine piece of work. Awesome modern cafe racer
:them:

It may be an airhead frame but has none of the classic styling.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Nah, I own both and I like this bike... It's not my cup of tea, that seat would kill me :) but it's clean, functional, performance minded, what's not to like? :) Not all airheads are alike :)... As an airhead and a rodder I like any bike that has style, grace, technology, performance, thinking outside the box... I've seen a few builders out there that have made some nice "sports" using the Revolution motor, I can't remember the name of the guy but his bike was in one of my "airhead" magazines, it's a pure sport bike and if memory serves me it has a price tag close to 75k for it... I'm just too old for sport bikes, they are too uncomfortable for me but I like the looks of some of them including my sons 1125R Buell... I rode it one time :)...

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
this is a piece of revolution art, the exposed radiator, where they placed the oil cooler, where they got the air for combustion, the exposed disks in the exhaust, the exhaust, etc..
this is the kind of work that steers me towards custom bikes, not that unrideable chopper shit everybody does
If it all works properly and I have my doubts. Harley and most all performance engineers go to great lengths to have separate "downdraft" intake, it's a big deal. That has been a huge issue with the air-cooled forever. This guy focked that all up in one hack.

As far as drawing in airheads........are you kiddin'?

Nah, I own both and I like this bike... It's not my cup of tea, that seat would kill me :) but it's clean, functional, performance minded, what's not to like? :) Not all airheads are alike :)... As an airhead and a rodder I like any bike that has style, grace, technology, performance, thinking outside the box... I've seen a few builders out there that have made some nice "sports" using the Revolution motor, I can't remember the name of the guy but his bike was in one of my "airhead" magazines, it's a pure sport bike and if memory serves me it has a price tag close to 75k for it... I'm just too old for sport bikes, they are too uncomfortable for me but I like the looks of some of them including my sons 1125R Buell... I rode it one time :)...
Tbones, I too came from and still own traditional Harleys, I also appreciate many styles and manufacturers, BUT around here though, an air-head is a close minded, no class, high schoooo drop-out, beer guzzlin', patch wearin', limited wardrobe, Harley Davidson flag wavin'. 1 track mind, fat/bald, did I say one track mind, unskilled rider, hells Angel wanna-be, with blinders and a very limited vocabulary! Yet they are the ones accused of prejudiced!! LMFAO.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts