Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'sup yall...
I looked in all the other threads and couldn't find any info as to if the handlebars of a VRSCA would fit on my '06 D. I like how the A's are a little more pulled back and higher. Anybody know if they'd fit? If yes, are they hard/expensive to install? Or or, can I just put a riser on my stock D handlebars?

Any help would be cool.
Mucho thanks.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
The A bars are actualy "T" bars with the riser built into them, so they would not work. However there is a thing called "reduced reach" bars that you can get from Harley that has a bit more pull back. Any replacement bars on the D's are pretty easy to swap. If you don't have one already, I'd highly recommend you get a service manual...it explains all that stuff and will more than pay for itself in a short time! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NM. Ur the best. However, I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy from Hella-expensive Harley...but oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
You could use the "A" bars if you go with the clam shell from an "A". Not sure if the gauges would work in the housing though. :2cents:

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
rrosu said:
Thanks NM. Ur the best. However, I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy from Hella-expensive Harley...but oh well.
See, now that's the beauty of it...you can look in any Dennis Kirk or J&P or Drag Specialties catalog and find a suitable 1" bar you want and fit it! Of course, you are going to be looking at maybe needing new cables and brake/clutch lines then, but still...there are lots of non-HD options out there!!! Just make sure the knurled sections are the right measurement and you'll be fine! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
rrosu said:
If you keep your bike and do your own mods the service manual is a must have! even with the info you get here on the forum. I put Nightmares old D bars on my DX and the manual was there to help me, right there, on the spot and the job went smooth. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
D Bars onto DX

EZE- When you put on those D bars, did you have to change out the cables or will the cables on the DX be long enough? I need to move back slightly on my 08 DX to get more comfortable.

EZE RIDER said:
If you keep your bike and do your own mods the service manual is a must have! even with the info you get here on the forum. I put Nightmares old D bars on my DX and the manual was there to help me, right there, on the spot and the job went smooth. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
gdmercad said:
EZE- When you put on those D bars, did you have to change out the cables or will the cables on the DX be long enough? I need to move back slightly on my 08 DX to get more comfortable.
Everything is long enough. The tightest fit was the brakes but they fit too. You will love the result.I had mine powder coated black (of course) Good luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
EZE RIDER said:

Hi went the other way but DX bar on my D love it but i don´t ride long rides 200 mph max at the time with 2-3 stops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts