Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a sign that I am getting old when I start adding a windshield, bags and floorboards to my awesome sporty V-rod? I love the sporty look and the fantastic power, but I ride mine everyday to work. And the more I ride it, the more comfortable I want to be. My ride to work everyday is about 20 miles on I-82 at atleast 75mph. The bike just doesn't go any slower than that on the freeway. Hence the windshield. I currently wear a backback to haul stuff back and forth. With the backpack I kind of feel like a nerd. Hence the bags. I dont know what it is, but I am not comfortable when I put my feet on the forward pegs. I feel like I am constantly tensed to hold my feet on the pegs. I kind of feel like I am Suzanne Summers putting a squeeze on that Thighmaster, but all the way to work. So does the fact that I want comfort over style mean I am getting old?
 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
Indeed :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it make me any younger if I say I would love to get a turbo?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,343 Posts
Welcome to my world. Engine guards with chaps, Cyclesmith boards, and you will suddenly really enjoy the ride. After Max puts my engine back together, the turbo is lookin like a great idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Don't worry until you have to stop twice to pee during 20 mile ride ..... then you're getting old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Horsespatoot said:
Don't worry until you have to stop twice to pee during 20 mile ride ..... then you're getting old.

Whew, thanks. Maybe I aint so old. I can still outlast the gas tank.
 

·
Riding the good life
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
Actually what it is you realize that fighting the elements ain't fun anymore.

Why fight it and get tired over n' over again when you can enjoy it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Your older but now your smarter too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Don't sweat it, bro. I spent 7 years on a Road King Classic and thought I loved it (most of the time, I did). The damn bike kept getting heavier every year :banghead: so I started looking for a lighter ride. The dealer had a VRSCSE on the showroom floor and agreed to let me ride it. I immediately noticed the 150 pound-minus weight difference, along with the lower seat height. With a backrest seat and Kurakyn floorboards under the forward controls, I decided I could live with this bike a lot easier. Now I have to decide if I want reduced-reach bars to complete the touring package :D You reach a point in life where it's all about comfort. You can still have the wind in your face...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,343 Posts
hememan said:
Don't sweat it, bro. I spent 7 years on a Road King Classic and thought I loved it (most of the time, I did). The damn bike kept getting heavier every year :banghead: so I started looking for a lighter ride. The dealer had a VRSCSE on the showroom floor and agreed to let me ride it. I immediately noticed the 150 pound-minus weight difference, along with the lower seat height. With a backrest seat and Kurakyn floorboards under the forward controls, I decided I could live with this bike a lot easier. Now I have to decide if I want reduced-reach bars to complete the touring package :D You reach a point in life where it's all about comfort. You can still have the wind in your face...
Reduced reach and a fairing = nirvana. Try it, you'll like it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
684 Posts
large tank bag with magnetic base, keeps the wind off a bit and easily removed. you can be as young as you want in a full face helmet with a dark visor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
ragbagz said:
Is it a sign that I am getting old when I start adding a windshield, bags and floorboards to my awesome sporty V-rod? I love the sporty look and the fantastic power, but I ride mine everyday to work. And the more I ride it, the more comfortable I want to be. My ride to work everyday is about 20 miles on I-82 at atleast 75mph. The bike just doesn't go any slower than that on the freeway. Hence the windshield. I currently wear a backback to haul stuff back and forth. With the backpack I kind of feel like a nerd. Hence the bags. I dont know what it is, but I am not comfortable when I put my feet on the forward pegs. I feel like I am constantly tensed to hold my feet on the pegs. I kind of feel like I am Suzanne Summers putting a squeeze on that Thighmaster, but all the way to work. So does the fact that I want comfort over style mean I am getting old?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
You are not getting old. You have reached that state where you do not care what others think. You just want what works for you. Congratulations. Go for it.
 

·
Comfortably numb!
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
ragbagz said:
So does the fact that I want comfort over style mean I am getting old?
Yes it does :)

But getting old is a good thing, it means you made it and are still here ;)
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top