Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a vrsca 2006 and I am not really in love with the wheels I replaced my 1200 Sportster with the v rod . Love the new rids better in so many ways I cant even put it into words however I do love the aftermarket rims on the sportster and would like to either convert then to fit onto the vrod or contact the company who made them and get ones that fit only problem is I purchased the sportster with the wheels and cant seem to find any info on it anyone ever seen these wheels before or have an idea who manufactures them thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to offer . pic of the new bike because I like to look at it .

Attachments

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
Can't help you with who made yours wheels on the sportster. Just about everyone here has switched their wheels and you can almost make anything fit.

:vrodforu:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
by two piece do you mean the center section it removable and replaceable with a different one ?

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
You could also get the wheels on your V-rod machined , maybe not as thin of a 'spoke' as on the Sportster , but it can be cut in several designs . I'm sure others here can give you the name of the company that does it .

·
macheteman
512 Posts
Yes. There is a company that will machine your wheels. You could probably do a search in the forum and find the info you need, that's how I found them. After finding out what it would have costs to machine, I chose to get a set of 2008 Night Rod five spoke units off ebay. I had to shorten the sleeve in the wheel that separates the bearings, but it worked.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Do not cut your stock wheels into spokes. The are a cast wheel and are not solid (there is a cavity between the left and right side of the wheel. They are not strong enough if you cut much out of them.

What do you think about these: https://www.alteredstatedesign.net/product-page/tribal

If you are interested in them email me directly (I own altered state) at [email protected]. I can usually get a bit more of a deal when I order them.

-Keith

1 - 15 of 15 Posts