Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
james
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 dx was getting its weekly bath when i notice the odometer number where being displayed...i pushed the button under the cluster and i got "pcs" and the "P" was flashing...i pushed the button again and got "nonE" and then it went back to the odometer reading... the odometer shut off a few seconds later...i started the bike and i could not get any off the function to work other than the odometer readings...by the end of the day and 180 miles later every thing was working fine...any idea???

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Leaking seal on your cluster?

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Yep - its a feature :)
Try not to get too much water on the clocks when washing - if using a hosepipe put a plastic bag on them...

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Had water in my gages, fogged up as the temp increased. Is the fix simply to tighten or a gasket?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Had water in my gages, fogged up as the temp increased. Is the fix simply to tighten or a gasket?
Neither. No screws and no gaskets. Best bet is to dry it our and reseal using some type of silicon sealer. The gauges are supposed to be waterproof but quality control is not in Harley's vocabulary.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Personally I think the problem was when you were washing it you depressed the button. If you go out to the bike without the key on and press the black button on the cluster it will display the odometer reading (done it a few times myself :)) . You should only get the PCS readings if you depress and hold the black button before turning the ignition switch on and then it will flash as you described. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Personally I think the problem was when you were washing it you depressed the button. If you go out to the bike without the key on and press the black button on the cluster it will display the odometer reading (done it a few times myself :)) . You should only get the PCS readings if you depress and hold the black button before turning the ignition switch on and then it will flash as you described. Good luck.
On my bikes you have to press and HOLD the button while turning on the ignition to go into diagnostic mode. His button probably was shorted from being wet which was the cause of the odometer reading being displayed then going into diagnostic mode when he turned on the ignition.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Yes it is from the water. I had the same problem w/my 04B. It was still under warranty and when being washed at the STEALERSHIP I went to leave it mine did basically same thang. I took it back to the STEALERSHIP and they ordered me another cluster. Lil do they know that it (problem) went away a few hrs. later when it dried out. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts