Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a new friend out on the highway yesterday. Wifey and I were just out for a bit of a cruise when 2 gents on warriors came up behind us and then passed when it was clear. We were on Old 66 so we were only doin 55 and cruisin'. Anyway, a few miles down the road, the Warrior guys were stopped so we pulled in to see if they needed any help since we were carrying tools. One guy had his glasses blow off his face so he was searching his bag for an extra pair but thanked us for our courtesy. Then they began asking questions about the bike. Not mine, no no, the pink sportster! Then after a bit of drooling over it (and my wife too, I think) they asked me how the Rod faired with the nitrous. They were really surprised at the simplicity of the system and how nitrous isnt the black-voodoo magic so many people make it out to be. Then one of the guys asked me if I would want to wind mine up against his warrior. His warrior was VERY nice. Probably the nicest I've ever seen with too much modification to begin to list. So after I got permission from my better half I obliged him. We made 3 runs and took the third one for about 2.5 to 3 miles. What a blast it was!!! He got close on the first run but was really no threat. I didnt even have any spray in my tanks. It was closer than I thought it would be though and he clearly knew how to ride his bike better than any other warriors I've raced. Afterword, when we made it back to the little pulloff he had a huge grin on his face and asked me if I used the nitrous and was really amazed when I said no. Anyway, we talked a bit more and exchanged numbers so we can hit the track together sometime. It was kinda cool to once again see how our bikes really outperform others. We pay for it though, thats for sure. I really need to start filling those bottles again. Now I am curious as to how much the distance between us would have been if I had been sprayin'.

...And if you are wondering, we were with another friend of mine and his girlfriend and they stayed with my wife while I did the little race. I wouldnt have just left here there with some strange dude.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts