Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Agreed. That bend in the down pipe as they call turbo is ugly but functional. However it is much more tolerable when the whole bike is crossbreed of MadMax and Battlestar Galactica. Compromise, compromise...

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
So 248 Turbo Rwhp I'm thinking it really isn't worth much without a world record for speed - SuperKaz got 200 Mph ? on his second engine at Bonneville reported here on our beloved 1130cc.com - so lets get this Turbo V Rod M/C beast somewhere to beat the 217 ? Mph bagger record - toss a couple nylon bags on the side and pull 240 Mph - you know it'll do it - its all about gearing - you got the Hp - probably needs 32 - 34 front pulley, 58 - 60 rear pulley probably easier with a chain, whatever, it's doable - let me know what ya think ! (y) :)

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
10M flat track is way too long for my gas tank. Quarter mile is enough. However nylon bags for shovel would be good for deer and moose shit. Those population has exploded here. Good led light would be also good since sun does not come up for long time this time of the year. Have to navigate by Northern borealis lights.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Yea, mukle the HD OEM beetle bags are probably best for speeds over 200 Mph - keep the nylon loosey goosey bags for the way up North animal Scat - I'd love to see the Northern Lights, never been that far north even though my parents were from the far up there Newfoundland N.S. & Gloucester MA - I'm a Masshole but not going to move back there too much wasted personal time - I'm down by the equator, in Central FL. for almost 44 years, no snow tires or heating oil needed that's V Rod & dirt bike money ! So we gotta find a place to let your bike rip to 200+ Mph ( theoretically ) I know GB and France have places for top speed runs, I think it's probably more than you wanna do but it's fun to think of putting a V Rod on the top of the fastest bagger on the planet list ! Either Way - (y) :cool:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
To be honest I am going just opposite direction. I am ripping off all unnecessary parts and weight. Or modifying them to as lightweight as possible. Bags are definitely not in the list. Focus is low ten or below in the strip. No speed records but 140-150mph could be good guess.

Even we are living above 60deg lat north heating oil starts to be little old school here. Vast major new small buildings are using geoterm. One third electricity is still needed but that comes from national power grid.

Back to original topic. K&M brace or similar is highly recommended for hipo Revo applications.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts