Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I know,I know..apes?
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few things (with pics) I learned this year (most I already knew, but were just reinforced):

1. I like South Dakota way more than I like Atlanta!

2. My little eyedropper gas tank needs to grow.

3. I should have removed or at least grinded more on my saddlebag brackets (much rubbing going on).

4. The stock suspension sucks...see #3. There was also much front end diving. Brakes aren't the best either. :wazzup:

5. I still love my little 05B, but I really liked the new 08's and the new CVO Springer is very nice too as far as air-cooled goes. Made me think "do I spend more $ on this one or do I move on?"

6. Lastly, my girlfriend looks great in chaps and a bikini!!!!

All in all, the bike did great. We rode a little under 1000 miles in 100+ degree heat. A lot of stop and go also. No overheating, no oil usage, and very steady on some rough roads (except for the scraping, which can easilt be fixed).
 

Attachments

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
mmcc100 said:
Here are a few things (with pics) I learned this year (most I already knew, but were just reinforced):

1. I like South Dakota way more than I like Atlanta!

2. My little eyedropper gas tank needs to grow.

3. I should have removed or at least grinded more on my saddlebag brackets (much rubbing going on).

4. The stock suspension sucks...see #3. There was also much front end diving. Brakes aren't the best either. :wazzup:

5. I still love my little 05B, but I really liked the new 08's and the new CVO Springer is very nice too as far as air-cooled goes. Made me think "do I spend more $ on this one or do I move on?"

6. Lastly, my girlfriend looks great in chaps and a bikini!!!!

I agree with this statement 100%.
 

·
I know,I know..apes?
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
scottsw1 said:
What size is your rear tire?
It's a 200 Metzler.

I also saw many cool vrods out there, but most were moving too fast to talk to anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
I agree with all of your points but maybe not the order. 6 should be higher. But on a serious note how does your girlfriend like the sound of the rinehart pipe, I put my pipe on this past week and my wife is already telling me it hurts her ears, and she dosnt want to wear ear plugs.
 

·
Another Ski season
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
2-5 are all fixable, 1 is true, and with 6, well.... leave well enough alone looks like ya got that covered!!!
 

·
I know,I know..apes?
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She says it doesn't bother her at all. It's still pretty quiet compared to some of the bikes we ride with.
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
1. Nice Pics and cool buffalo!
2. Mine does too!
3. I made sure I took as much as possible off mine before re-installing.
4. Agree 100%
5. Much cheaper to finish yours.
6. Yes she does!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
I never got the Chap thing But now I do!
 

·
Back in Black
Joined
·
212 Posts

·
bushatesblaksabath!
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
I'm sorry man, but your GF does look great!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
I agree with everything you typed, but you really should have listed them in reverse order! :)
 

·
Back in Black
Joined
·
212 Posts
Gazoo said:
Wait till you see me at the Rally in KC riding in chaps only. Hot hot hot!!!
Nooooooooooooooooooooo.
 

·
Vrodder since 2004
Joined
·
4,514 Posts
That looks like a blast! What seat do you have on that bike? Just curious, I'd like to travel further but the stock seat is a killer!
 

·
I know,I know..apes?
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
violet said:
That looks like a blast! What seat do you have on that bike? Just curious, I'd like to travel further but the stock seat is a killer!
I have the stock seat, but put on a small backrest and wider/touring pillon. I got them off of ebay and/or here on the forum for pretty cheap.
I think I am one of the few (like Lux) that likes the stocker. I want the Badlander or reduced reach seat to move up a little, but the stock does fine for me for a few hundred miles. I do sit a little more upright than some though.
 

·
Vrodder since 2004
Joined
·
4,514 Posts
mmcc100 said:
I have the stock seat, but put on a small backrest and wider/touring pillon. I got them off of ebay and/or here on the forum for pretty cheap.
I think I am one of the few (like Lux) that likes the stocker. I want the Badlander or reduced reach seat to move up a little, but the stock does fine for me for a few hundred miles. I do sit a little more upright than some though.
Wow I am impressed all those miles on a stock seat! I am good for about 200 at once, but if I did more than 500 in a day on it, I'd seriously be in pain and unable to ride the next day..........the sundowner is not an option for me though. I am looking into the tallboy seat - when I get some money...eventually!
 

·
I know,I know..apes?
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess it's all what you're used to. I came from hard seats on sporties. The stocker is plush for me in comparison. The new 08 seat on the DX felt really comfortable. Deeper and softer.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top