Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Damn nice pics, looks like fun was had by all. Nice looking DX your rear fender is starting to grow on me! HAHA

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Nice with the best looking bikes out cruising, no helmets (except for the one that Kept the Fork Reflectors) must be a great time.

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
who's is the one in the middle? The air box cover's interestingly different then most I see.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
A whole week at Myrtle Beach bike week and all you saw were 3 DX's? Maybe I should have gone just to add some color to the VRSC sightings. Glad you had a good time.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Where's the:boobs: pics?

·
Registered
479 Posts
nice but is it just me or is that lil half circle disc thingy on the axle for rear tire on backwards, doesnt it go the other way so it keeps the rear tire aligned, or does it not matter if you align it properly by yourself somehow?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
killer pics!...

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
keebie said:
nice but is it just me or is that lil half circle disc thingy on the axle for rear tire on backwards, doesnt it go the other way so it keeps the rear tire aligned, or does it not matter if you align it properly by yourself somehow?
Yep that would be an issue!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
keebie said:
Good eye. Yes, that is not installed correctly. That needs to be corrected or there will be issues with belt tracking and other alignment problems.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are we talking about my bike here? Could anyone be more specific? Got me worried now!!!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
They are talking about the rear axle eccentric on the right rear. Maybe you got it like this for the 26 tooth pulley ?

·
Registered
964 Posts
07DX said:
Are we talking about my bike here? Could anyone be more specific? Got me worried now!!!

yes they are talking about you bike. I can now see it in the pic although I didnt notice it in person.

That half moon washer on your rear axle is turned backwards.

·
Registered
479 Posts
ya heres two pics, the first one is yours and how it should be. prevents the axle from sliding forward and loosening up the belt and it keeps it aligned since each side is the same

Attachments

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Kelley said:
who's is the one in the middle? The air box cover's interestingly different then most I see.
the middle bike is 07dx's bike, kelley.. it has the JEillusions airbox with vgauge installed

1 - 20 of 29 Posts