Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the results of the "Is the V-rod your first HD?" and "Will the V-rod last?". Verrry interesting, and many good comments.

IMHO the V-rod is destined to become legendary as a groundbreaking bike not just for HD, but for cruisers in general.

So what about the V-rod's sales?
My prediction: V-rod sales will boom once the other manufacturers copy it. Once that happens, you'll see an expansion of the market for lower displacement higher revving liquid cooled power cruisers. The V-Rod will be considered the bike that started the trend.
And HD was right on with the introduction of the B-model. You don't want to look like your abandoning a good thing right away by making drastic changes. Some new color options, some old ones phased out, and viola, you have demand for both new and used, and now they don't all look exactly the same.

BTW, I was at the Leesburg Fl bikefest all 3 days and only heard positive comments about my Steathy Black V-rod. "Nice Bike" Etc. I probably saw 80,000 cruisers, and only 8-10 V-rodders. However, they are all Legends in the making. :) BTW, out at Daytona the V-rod was an extremely popular demo bike. The demo sold me, plus Harley has the rental program. So they got that going for them...which is nice. As for marketing, subtle is good. I notice HD working the V-rod into their catalog photos, and print ads. They are not specifically touting the V-rod, but they are getting riders used to seeing the V-rod. So I have to give HD a thumbs up on the marketing too. :thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interesting observations. On a similar note, I was at a new members breakfast for our HOG chapter on Saturday. I noticed the number of bikes on the showroom floor was getting rather thin and asked my salesman about it. He said it was because of the end of the model year. I asked about V-Rod sales and he said they have been good "since they started painting them".

This dealer only has 3 V-Rods on the floor. One is already sold and waiting for the buyer to return from overseas, one is their orange and black floor model (which cannot be sold until July 1st), and the other is an Impact Blue that is for sale. All the rest are gone and they can't get any more until the 2005's are available after the meeting on July 1st.

·
Registered
223 Posts
With EPA regulations getting strickter, I can't see the Vrod discontinued. HD has shown the future through the Vrod and many of us have tasted it and like what we have tasted. I agree, this motor is the going to be the platform for the future of HD. Should they discontinue the Vrod...What would they use when water cooled becomes mandatory? Heck.. most HD riders will accept the revolution motor before anything else.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
It does depend on the dealer... mine has a demo... stuck in the back with all the other v-rods. The shop knows nothing about them. There is one salesman (Bubba) who has one and loves it, but he is the exception. In fact, his bike is in the latest "Barnetts"... the pipes in the pics are the very ones I bought from him, so I have celebrity parts just like Kaz ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts