Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ELMO
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of the recent color changes I made to the frame bolts, air box fasteners and the the intake screens. The intake screens I removed and painted them a bright white to draw a little more focus to the bike. The frame bolts and the air box fasteners are to fix a pet peeve of mine. I am not a fan of contrasted colored bolts on a nice shiny frame so I matched the colors to ease my tensions with it. I have a few other ideas for subtle changes coming soon.:)

Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks good SW and clearly i need to carry on with the frame ones on mine it does look so much cleaner and better.

Thats next on the list and easy enough to do.:)

Did you spray the wire mesh also?
It also looks white or is it just the brightness from behind it.
I was also going to paint mine but was going to be more a subtle orange.

I am also considering powder coating my front fender arms silver to match the other bits and pieces around it

·
ELMO
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good SW and clearly i need to carry on with the frame ones on mine it does look so much cleaner and better.

Thats next on the list and easy enough to do.:)

Did you spray the wire mesh also?
It also looks white or is it just the brightness from behind it.
I was also going to paint mine but was going to be more a subtle orange.

I am also considering powder coating my front fender arms silver to match the other bits and pieces around it
I pulled the mesh screen and painted it the Bright White. I left the plastic backing as it is stock. The white paint just made the screen pop against the black background.

Sam

·
ELMO
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gunny. Did you leave the swingarm on the bike or break it down? I MUST get rid of all chrome so I'm interested in how you did it.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Nope left it on, taped the livin crap outa everything so I had no overspray. In my experience, rustoleum gloss black works best. Takes longer to dry but it's tough. I will do the brake and shift levers next, then the mirrors will be changed to satin black. The muscle has way too much shiny stuff. I highlighted the area around the badge in orange too after that pic. I'll be goin to all black Progressive 430 shocks too, havent' decided between 12 or 12.5

·
Registered
437 Posts
I also painted the swing arm. It needs to be black and did someone say orange!!

Bike looks fantastic Gunny

Im impressed.

I removed my badges altogether and had new ones made :)
Im also looking at putting a silver pin stripe round my rims.

What tyres are you running?

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Those are the stock Michelin tires, I just used white tire lettering to highlight the names, and did orange reflective stripes on the rims. Kinda gives it a racy look I thought. I've already painted the pulley cover too. Unless it's a high wear item like a footpeg etc, I find painting works as good as powdercoating if done right.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice!

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
On my 07 DX I painted all the screens including the brakes, pulley cover, water hose cover orange.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Inserts

These are awesome, where did you get them from??

·
ELMO
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These are awesome, where did you get them from??

I picked the skull accents up at my local dealer, they are actually for Sportster brake calipers. They fit perfect on the cam covers though.

The P/N is 42070-07

Sam

·
ELMO
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep pill off and stick on

Sam

1 - 20 of 22 Posts