Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things that are minor but annoying things on my F. On the left side exhaust what looks to be little black specs of belt dust get stuck to the hot exhaust. Anybody else notice this? What do you do to get it off without messing up the pipe? Also what looks almost like grease but I think it is brake dust from the rear brake gets all over on the inside of the rear wheel. Have to wipe it off after every ride. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
don't have the exhaust problem, 2into1, the brake dust, yep front too, easy way to clean, small swiffer, just takes a second and good as new, when the factory pads wear out will be replacing with Lyndall's

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
brake cleaner will take that stuff off the exhaust. use it with a soft cloth. the brake dust is gonna be there, only way to help it is to go with a different brake pad.

If you wax the wheels and use a swiffer duster you might have better success. YA,,,,, its annoying :chainsaw:

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Two things that are minor but annoying things on my F. On the left side exhaust what looks to be little black specs of belt dust get stuck to the hot exhaust. Anybody else notice this? What do you do to get it off without messing up the pipe? Also what looks almost like grease but I think it is brake dust from the rear brake gets all over on the inside of the rear wheel. Have to wipe it off after every ride. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.
Yeah Im hearin ya..............especially with the wheels........stock wheels are a biatch to clean............

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Don't ride it, Place plastic bag over entire bike and vacuum seal. It will stay fresh and clean forever. HAHAHA There are lots of little things that are going to get on your nerves.... Like you just washed her and the neighbor is over-watering his lawn so now there is a puddle going across the road... ya the back fender is too short and you have dirty water slung all over the rear fender passenger seat and your back... Grrrr

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't ride it, Place plastic bag over entire bike and vacuum seal. It will stay fresh and clean forever. HAHAHA There are lots of little things that are going to get on your nerves.... Like you just washed her and the neighbor is over-watering his lawn so now there is a puddle going across the road... ya the back fender is too short and you have dirty water slung all over the rear fender passenger seat and your back... Grrrr
I hear ya about the back fender. I took a ride yesterday (Sunday) up through the twisty's up in the mountains with the wife. We stopped at a mountain overlook and there was chewing gum slung up on my taillight and rear fender. Probably some douche chucked his gum out the window and I had to be the one to hit it! :bash::mad::mad:

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
I hear ya about the back fender. I took a ride yesterday (Sunday) up through the twisty's up in the mountains with the wife. We stopped at a mountain overlook and there was chewing gum slung up on my taillight and rear fender. Probably some douche chucked his gum out the window and I had to be the one to hit it! :bash::mad::mad:
You've never thrown gum out the window ???...hahaha

In OZ we have to have the license plate at the back...that helps stop alot of crap spitting up......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts