Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though the plan pipe Rad. hose cover I made was a good start. Most HD's have an air cleaner there And there's a thousand different stiles of them out there. I like the fins on the heads so I tried to get the senses and stile of the fins of are heads on the Rad.hose cover. What do you, guys think to gaudy or blends in well. I like stock looking goodies on my bike. And I can get carried away trying to make things look better.:ride:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before middle and After Pics

Attachments

·
Motorboatin SumBitch
525 Posts
Looks cool, nice work and very creative.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
looks great, your imagination never ceases to amaze nor your abilities, maybe apply the same tactics to the other side for the horn cover or would that be too much?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I though the plan pipe Rad. hose cover I made was a good start. Most HD's have an air cleaner there And there's a thousand different stiles of them out there. I like the fins on the heads so I tried to get the senses and stile of the fins of are heads on the Rad.hose cover. What do you, guys think to gaudy or blends in well. I like stock looking goodies on my bike. And I can get carried away trying to make things look better.:ride:
Very nice. Creative. Probably put a lot of work into this one-off. if you ever decide to make more and sell them I am definitely interested. Let me know.
Dan

·
Registered
658 Posts
I agree it looks the business...awesome job
I'd be interested if you made more
Having a similar style horn cover would be great too

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like it - on the photo where you see the whole bike - It almost looked as though it might be a radial air craft engine.

You should sell these.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not as amazing as you Lastinline Guru of the World Wide Web. I didn't even think of that but sure I could line are horn cover in fin's or try to come up with something that looks more like the left side of the head in fin's. I have not worked on my horn yet but I think I've read here that the horn face dos not come off. Unless they fall off. But I like to figure out a good work around. The lights for the mirror project wont be in till after the 6th but I got two pair built two different stiles. I could not make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I just spent 37 hours over the weekend to put this together no flow jet. The paint between the fin's is gray hammer finish to match are block it not dry yet so I cant really polish the fin's end yet. So more work to come. I have not had it on the road yet to see how it rides. Just like with my lower belt guard I want to put some miles on my mod's before I would make new ones for others. Prototyping takes a lot of time working out all the details. My Daughter thinks I should put my mod's on ebay to get an idea what there worth. I think that sort of stuff keeps me out of my shop. If you guys can give me a price you think is fair and if road testing is good. I would be happy to work out in my shop doing what I Love (building stuff) now for my fellow V-Roder's.:ride:

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
Darryl, the horn cover will separate from the horn couple of screws, would think with the way you made this cover you could adapt the fins straight to the existing horn cover :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
I keep looking at this thinking it's one of the best add ons I've seen for the F:notworth:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looks like this has generated some interest. Listen to your daughter. I bet you could sell about 20 of these things right off. Put me on the list.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Pretty friggin cool man. Way to go. Nice fab skills. I still dig the clear tube but that makes it look a whole different way. And it's not just us F'ers you could make those for.

Sent from my EVO 4g

1 - 20 of 100 Posts