Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While perusing one of this month's latest cycle mags at ye local barnes n nobles I encountered a foto of the front end of whut I thought could be one of those hard to find feature articles on a Vrod.
Turns out the front end was off'n a 109(?). In fact, the whole bike almost looked like a rod, too.
So, if Ford Escape is a Mazda Tribute, same platform, different badging and sheetmetal, could the 109 share more'n the same design cues as the Vrod. This has probably been discussed too many times already...Jus wondering, das all...:moped:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Redbullssg said:
How do you think this
Looks like this?

It looks more like the Hammer than the Vrod....

But to me, they all look like bikes, the all have two wheels, an exhaust, handlebars, a vtwin. I could find a lot of bikes that have similarities to the vrod, or my bike, or that one guys bike.
IT does indeed look more like a Hammer when put next to each other. I don't see much resemblence in the 109 and Vrod, The 109 is Huge, like that Rocket III Triumph put out. The 109 isnt nearly as Ridiculous as the Rocket III though.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
The thing up close is just dripping with oversized bodywork. That front fender and brake caliper setup looks like it weighs more than the stock V-rod exhaust system.

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
I do like the wheels on the 109, but that's it. I wonder if they could be modded to fit the V-rod?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts