Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Loud and Proud
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I road about 1/2 in the city and 1/2 on the highway crusing at 75 MPH with some 115 MPH bursts. I am leaving this MAP right where it is after getting over 38 MPG with the bike is running awsome.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
That's how much I get if use the freeway also.

·
The Lurker
100 Posts
Hey Bill are you using the stock 30 tooth or a 28 tooth?
Thanks Ian:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
mileage

With my stock 03 I average 44 mpg, I'm putting on some v-mod pipes and a power commander this week, is my mileage going to drop. The worst I ever got was 38 once and the best was 48 with the wife on back.

·
Loud and Proud
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running a 28 tooth. In about a couple weeks I am changing out the wheels and putting on the 240 Hog Pro kit.

·
Nucking Futs
1,109 Posts
stirsvrod said:
With my stock 03 I average 44 mpg, I'm putting on some v-mod pipes and a power commander this week, is my mileage going to drop. The worst I ever got was 38 once and the best was 48 with the wife on back.
Run a map RJ had made from a dyno tuner. I have it and get 38mpg-45mpg regularly with the same setup you are moving to. I cannot find the link at the moment, but I had dyno'd my V-Rod stock at 105hp at the wheel. Using the same dyno on the same day after swapping for the V-mod tips and adding the PCIII with RJ's map, I was putting down 113hp at the wheel. We're in the same relative climate, so I'd suspect you get closely similar results.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm getting my pc from fuel moto and they're going to map it. If I'm not happy with that I'll have to try you'rs.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
I say that you're gas mileage will definitely drop. The PC is adding fuel, and now you have louder pipes, more power, and will be pounding on it more frequently.

·
Registered
116 Posts
stirsvrod said:
It is interesting that I too also had my best fuel mileage with my girlfriend on the back. I am still trying to figure out why.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
Wild Bill said:
I road about 1/2 in the city and 1/2 on the highway crusing at 75 MPH with some 115 MPH bursts. I am leaving this MAP right where it is after getting over 38 MPG with the bike is running awsome.
I still only get about 28 MPG around town (rarely above 3rd gear and 4000 RPM's). Does this sound right? I got around 37 MPG the one time I had it on the open highway so I thought it was probably ok. Even that was easy riding/RPM's so now I'm beginning to wonder again?

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I was getting less than 30 when I first started riding. I guess I had the "lead hand". After installing the PCIII/K&N/VMods, I took a ride up into the Blue Ridge and down I-77 Sunday after topping off 1.7 gallons. I checked the odo today and it was 81 miles later. I topped off again...once again 1.7 gal. That's 48 mpg.:eek:

·
REGUL8
891 Posts
175 miles to a tank

I got 175 miles to my last tank. I love the DX!!!

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
I think my average is about 10mpg.... :rofl: I actually get 75 miles before the light comes on. My math may not be exact but I think thats about 37 mpg or so.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
SKJOLD said:
It is interesting that I too also had my best fuel mileage with my girlfriend on the back. I am still trying to figure out why.

Because you're not into the throttle near as much. When I ride with my wife, I tend to take it much easier and can get 47 mpg. When I ride solo, I am running somewhat harder and faster and I only get 35-40. My bike is completely stock.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
carrere70363 said:
Are Your V-mods Se 1 Or Se 2 ? Getting Ready To Ship Mine Whats The Best For Performance.
heck if I know...didn't even know there was a difference

·
Loud and Proud
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
robbwest said:
I still only get about 28 MPG around town (rarely above 3rd gear and 4000 RPM's). Does this sound right? I got around 37 MPG the one time I had it on the open highway so I thought it was probably ok. Even that was easy riding/RPM's so now I'm beginning to wonder again?

28 MPG sounds like you are running rich. It seems like I get 37-38 now in the city. I was getting about 33 MPG before I leaned out the low range some. I was way too rich from 2500-3500 RPM. I also gained some power too when I leaned it out some.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts