Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/2148793492.html

I just ran across this in Daytona Craigs List. It's a Road Rod, as you guys call them here, and it's really sweet. But $90K invested, including original purchase price, plus parts, and labor he says??? Granted, there's alot of $$$ in it, but $90K?
I saw on ebay a couple months or so ago, a Road Rod that had $35K invested into it and it looked every bit as good as this one, and it only brought like $13K or so and they sold it for that, no reserve !!! He wants $30K for this one, which he will NEVER see.
I want a Road Rod really bad, and if I'd have been able to sell my 2003 V in time, I might have been bidding on that one on EBAY, but then again, why? I have an ULtra, and no, it isn't as fast or as cool as my VROD, bit it does the job, which leaves the VROD to play around on. Man, if I had more $$$ I'd have a dozen bikes.
Peace!!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
"- All fluids changed every 2000 miles. "???

Really?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, these guys crack me up when they use the word "invested". They'd never make it in the stock market would they? hahahahah

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the owner of that bike is a Canadian from the Toronto area who had it built in the US. The guy posted here a few times and told us that the guy who built it had shown the bike before he went down to get it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I tried to add up the mods and without any real motor work I'm hard pressed to come up with $30k including purchase.

With the market the way it is my guess is it will sell if he has no reserve for $15k.

Any other guesses?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
The guy posted here a few times and told us that the guy who built it had shown the bike before he went down to get it.
I thought it looked familiar.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Don't you need another bike, Pat?:stilpoke:
How about Buzz?:hidesbeh:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Don't you need another bike, Pat?:stilpoke:
How about Buzz?:hidesbeh:
Actually I have a silver 03 Bagger, with some similarities, already, and in my opinion it's nicer than that one and I don't have 90 large invested.

Pat check your email I sent you a couple pictures of it.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I tried to add up the mods and without any real motor work I'm hard pressed to come up with $30k including purchase.

Any other guesses?
agreed, so there must be 60,000 stuffed into the bags in $100 bills?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's counting labor, and he's probably figuring it at $70.00 shop price I'd say. He says $15K for wheels/rotors, if true, what a waste. $10K for paint???? You can $ call $ a paint job any price you want when it's one off.

It's NOT on Ebay, it's on Craigs List, therefor, no bidding/reserve. If it WERE on Ebay, it wouldn't bring $15K I would think. The last mega $$$ Road Rod did about $13K on ebay, and it was every bit as nice as this one.

This is a beautiful bike, to be sure, but the price will assure him of continued ownership, eternally I'd say.

Peace !

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/2148793492.html

I just ran across this in Daytona Craigs List. It's a Road Rod, as you guys call them here, and it's really sweet. But $90K invested, including original purchase price, plus parts, and labor he says??? Granted, there's alot of $$$ in it, but $90K?
I saw on ebay a couple months or so ago, a Road Rod that had $35K invested into it and it looked every bit as good as this one, and it only brought like $13K or so and they sold it for that, no reserve !!! He wants $30K for this one, which he will NEVER see.
I want a Road Rod really bad, and if I'd have been able to sell my 2003 V in time, I might have been bidding on that one on EBAY, but then again, why? I have an ULtra, and no, it isn't as fast or as cool as my VROD, bit it does the job, which leaves the VROD to play around on. Man, if I had more $$$ I'd have a dozen bikes.
Peace!!
That has to be a typo... Ain't no way there's 90k into that bike... Nice look'en V-Rod bagger tho :)...

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Maybe he chrome each and every bolt, nut, engine internals, externals, inside of tires and frame, etc and he "custom" gold-plated each and every electrical contact and wire... At least he's not liying when he stated 115 RWHP, even if only 70 sjows up after moving the added mass....

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
You ain't missing out my brother... the bike is all show and no go...
Yes I am,I'm missin a $60,000 profit!

That has to be a typo... Ain't no way there's 90k into that bike... Nice look'en V-Rod bagger tho :)...
Nice lookin bagger and V-Rod don"t belong on the same sentence.:barf:

With what I learned trying to sell mine,that bike will bring around $8500.Best bid on my 03 was $4000 and $6000 on the 07X........................I still own them!

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i hope i can find a vrod for 4k in a few years, 'cause i'll damn sure get it. i won't get it to race but make into a bagger. damn buying and ultra and it be slow as hell when i can build a vrod bagger for less than 10k.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts