Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
F.U.B.A.R
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't the forum for these bikes but I have a friend who is refurbishing an 83 shovel head and is in need of two rocker boxes chrome or aluminum in good shape he's looking to save a little money instead of buying new, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Chad
263 Posts
Getting harder to find every year. I rebuilt an 77 Lowrider last winter and it was hard chasing down parts(used). I don't think you'll get alot of help from here, some guys like the older stuff but it seems alot more have nothing good to say about it. Best of luck to your bud!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
What is wrong with the current rocker boxes? Folks weld them up, machine, and refinish since they are a hard find. I think custom Chrome may have aftermarket items. Check their on-line catalog.

Oh yeah.....:eek:fftopic:

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
dick, call this number (580) 242-4362.. it is called prarie cycle in enid okla.. it is basically a old school harley guy who has a shop in his back yard. he has a ton of old parts and is really reasonible and knowledgible when it comes to old shovels, pans, and knuckles.. slats is his name.. well actually i think it is robert but people call him that..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts