Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
That ebayer is a dealer that always has his starting/buy it now price set to what your local dealer normally charges...plus shipping in most cases.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I'm sure the BIN was cheaper than the current bid, some people just get a kick out of bidding wars.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
It's crazy more times than not just how many people pay more for an item on ebay than they can go to a dealer to buy. That is why you should always know how much an item costs NEW and then keep your eye out for the deal. I often wonder where these folkes are that they pay more, I figure maybe they are out in the middle of nowhere or something, but even still...

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
hamletexpress said:
It's crazy more times than not just how many people pay more for an item on ebay than they can go to a dealer to buy. That is why you should always know how much an item costs NEW and then keep your eye out for the deal. I often wonder where these folkes are that they pay more, I figure maybe they are out in the middle of nowhere or something, but even still...
I have always suspected that I could do better dealing on my own rather than trusting EBAY all the time.

·
Chuck
2,292 Posts
thumbsupracing said:
That ebayer is a dealer that always has his starting/buy it now price set to what your local dealer normally charges...plus shipping in most cases.
Entirely not true. That is my local dealer & I have bought many things for a fraction of the price of retail. I have noticed that they did raise the price of some auctions recently, but for the most part, they (St Paul Harley) still offer significant discounts off retail even with the increases.

For example, I bought the chrome shock hardware kit for $10, retail is $34.95. Bought HD drag bars for $65 when they were $109.95. Bought the billet collection for ~$100 when the list was over $200. I could go on & on. This is a standup dealer. They were also the ones selling the Roadwinder wheels for like $500 each when everyone else was trying to get $1200 each for them.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I love it when some yahoo buys a gift certificate for more than it's face value.... that is classic!!

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Johnny HotFoot said:
I love it when some yahoo buys a gift certificate for more than it's face value.... that is classic!!
My wife and I were just cracking up about that yesterday. It still isn't as funny as a $1000.00 fully automatic rock though.

·
Chuck
2,292 Posts
hamletexpress said:
Hey Chuck, did you buy those parts from their ebay site or at the dealer?
From their ebay store/listings. Emailed Megan (one of 2 people that run their ebay sales) & picked all items up in store, so I avoid shipping. They are only about 5 miles from my house.

They also have an ebay store for motorclothes & always have decent prices on leathers.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
The winning biddeis from AU. Maybe it's still cheaper then buying them there or maybe they are not available there?

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
The winning biddeis from AU. Maybe it's still cheaper then buying them there or maybe they are not available there?
:them:

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Bulkman said:
Entirely not true. That is my local dealer & I have bought many things for a fraction of the price of retail. I have noticed that they did raise the price of some auctions recently, but for the most part, they (St Paul Harley) still offer significant discounts off retail even with the increases.

For example, I bought the chrome shock hardware kit for $10, retail is $34.95. Bought HD drag bars for $65 when they were $109.95. Bought the billet collection for ~$100 when the list was over $200. I could go on & on. This is a standup dealer. They were also the ones selling the Roadwinder wheels for like $500 each when everyone else was trying to get $1200 each for them.
I guess what I was getting at from watching ebay for v-rod parts since I got my bike was that dealer's prices (albeit with shipping included) seem to usually come out at the same cost of getting it from your local dealer. I believe I did get the HD Genesis jacket in my size from them for a few $$ less than my local dealers here as they didn't have any in my size in stock.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Visit their ebay store. Look at the V-Rod parts. The same item is available for a buy it now price of $39. Direct link here.

Even if he is from down under, he's screwing himself.

·
REGUL8
891 Posts
fu$kin# STEALER

I love Zanotti's

·
Turtle
89 Posts
I am from Aussie Land and get all of my parts from Zanotti's. With the exchange rate where it is now I am getting parts delivered to my door from the states for just over half the local cost. Just purchased a screen, fork brace and a few other things from Zanottis for $701 (AU) delivered. Local cost was $1360 (AU). Delivery was 7 days after I emailed Zanotti's the order - FANASTIC!!!

The Aussie Stealers do not keep a large range of parts on hand but can source them in about 2 or 3 weeks normally.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
that is true rj,i almost fell for the same trap when i first started buying parts ,what it is, probably he firstly knows what its going to cost him in one of our local shops and thinks ,BARGAIN,cos compared to what the shops charge here 79 would be a bargain,saying that he probably didnt check the store price or anything cos he didnt think he needed to ,,,,,,,,now thats strange just got out my parts list book and i did a comparo in prices so i knew what i had to beat when buying from the states myself,,, and the retail price with out a discount of 10 percent if you buy it from the shop you got the bike from,is only 82,dollars,,,,aust,which means,,, the ones he got from flea bay are more exspensive than buying them local,,,???????? go figure????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts