Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
"Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only. "

usually means SCAM. They want you to email them so they can give you the pitch, that way they may sell the bike three or four times with one auction. LOL

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
We need to have Christine pay him a visit and see if his story holds up!

Mike

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Since she teaches microbiology she could just take him some COOKIES.:sinister:

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
What's the deal? The first five v-rods on e-bay show up as under $12,500. Some of those prices are "Buy it Now".

I really can't believe this one. It's got the limited edition paint, chrome lower forks, Screamin-Eagle pipes and a variety of other chrome. And the location? "Free Shipping--United States." Please.

Too bad it's a scam because if it was guaranteed, 100% true, I'd probably buy that bike today. My wife would love to ride along side of me rather than folding herself up to sit behind me (I'm 6'5" and she's 6'0").

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
screamin-v said:
What's the deal? The first five v-rods on e-bay show up as under $12,500. Some of those prices are "Buy it Now".

I really can't believe this one. It's got the limited edition paint, chrome lower forks, Screamin-Eagle pipes and a variety of other chrome. And the location? "Free Shipping--United States." Please.

Too bad it's a scam because if it was guaranteed, 100% true, I'd probably buy that bike today. My wife would love to ride along side of me rather than folding herself up to sit behind me (I'm 6'5" and she's 6'0").
3 negs vs. almost 1500 positives isnt too bad.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I report these daily to eBay's safe harbor as frauds, most of the time the bike is over seas or they don't identify where it is in the US, scams all of them. As Max stated they are restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only, just too good to be true.

As a Powder Seller on eBay, they have send out notification saying people are stealing eBay ID's and re re-routing emails to a different addresses. The people who belong to that ID don’t even know they are being scammed. If you see these report them to eBay and let them investigate them.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

The scam is that when you register/qualify for the "private auction", your Ebay username and password is hacked!. If you just happen to have the same password for your Paypal account, watch out! - I learned the hard way...

BEWARE!!!!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Common sense would tell you that if you had a V-Rod for sale for 7k. You would be able to sell it in a day in the paper almost anywhere in the US. So why go to all the trouble to put it on E-Bay?

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
I don't know if it was the same guy or not, but I emailed a question about one listed with buy-it-now for $7K a couple weeks back. :hmm: I knew it had to be a scam.
I did get a reply back, surprisingly! He said he was in the army and had the bike shipped to him in Italy, only to find out he couldn't liscense it there, & now had to sell it to buy a car or something :rolleyes: :bs:
Needless to say, I reported the scam. Are people really that naive?:confused:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yes everyone is looking for that 1950 bike sitting in a barn; in perfect shape just need gas to run.

Dave

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
VRODScout said:
We need to have Christine pay him a visit and see if his story holds up!

Mike
I missed this before it was removed from ebay
Can I assume that it was based in the UK or are you all implying that I must be really tough?:D
I could make cookies but I'd do more damage by throwing them.

Christine

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
You mean your not a good cook?:(

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Yes, Christine, he was a Wanker! ;)
And since you are a professor of micro-biology, we were betting you could make some "special-ingredient" cookies for him!! Oh well.

Mike

P.S. So how far is Lancashire from Sandhurst?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts