Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am in the process of buying my first V-Rod and have come across a 2011 V-Rod Muscle for only $7000 on Craigslist. It has 5,000 miles, Vance and Hines exhaust and a fuel pack tuner. Only issue according to the owner is a scratched clutch lever from when previous owner dropped the bike. Otherwise it looks immaculate.

In my area, $7000 is nearly $2700 under KBB market price. So my question is, is this deal too good to be true?? And what should I be looking out for when I check the bike out later this week?

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good deal, but not low enough to raise suspicion. It probably is from the spill. Just make sure you're okay with the damage, and check that everything is straight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a buyers market. There is such a glut out there that if someone really wants to sell they have to come down quite a bit. i just bought an 05 cvo for $6000 that, other than tires, is almost perfect.Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input guys. I checked it out yesterday, and other than a small scratch on the clutch lever, it was in great shape with only just over 4000 miles. Needless to say, I ended up taking it home.

Only issue was a check engine light that came on just as I was getting home. Appeared to be code P0505, something to do with idle speed control, which is something I'll have to look into in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’ll give you $7,005 for it - that’s $5 profit for you, buddy - and I won’t tell the IRS if you don’t! :)

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts