Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Denim DX, is going into the local shop, (45-miles away?) and they are going to give my baby, a health-check? I rode up there today, in the rain to see there-new shop! Its looking slightly scruffy with the odd scuff and the salt causing the paintwork to bubble-up, here and there! (bloody-ell, its got 70,000-miles under its belt, (of course its going to look-used!) and it wont be 4-years old, till December! :vrod::thumb:

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Awesome :notworth::moped: Some people never put that many miles on their bikes in a lifetime ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Awesome man! Is the Rod your only means of transportation? I just hit 7000 miles on my '08 DX; I only ride her on the weekends and maybe a few times during the week to work or ect. How many valve jobs have you had done? Do you do them yourself or let the dealer do em? How's she running with that many miles on her. It's nice to know these engines will last.

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the bike isnt my only means of transport! I have got a 02, Jaguar parked-in the garage--(with only 20,000-miles on the clock).....I would rather be-on the bike? I have had the shims done, at 20,000-miles. the motor, still seems-strong? I go-out in the rain, on the bike? the Jag has still got the original tyres/tire,s on-it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No, the bike isnt my only means of transport! I have got a 02, Jaguar parked-in the garage--(with only 20,000-miles on the clock).....I would rather be-on the bike? I have had the shims done, at 20,000-miles. the motor, still seems-strong? I go-out in the rain, on the bike? the Jag has still got the original tyres/tire,s on-it.
Cool. If I think it's going to rain (over 30 percent) I won't ride mine; it's not that I'm scared of the rain it's just the idiot cagers who don't know how to drive in the rain in my town. When it rains the cagers seem to speed up and tailgate you. LOL

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thats some good mileage man. Have you had any problems with the bike yet? Any major work?

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
My 07 Denim DX, is going into the local shop, (45-miles away?) and they are going to give my baby, a health-check? I rode up there today, in the rain to see there-new shop! Its looking slightly scruffy with the odd scuff and the salt causing the paintwork to bubble-up, here and there! (bloody-ell, its got 70,000-miles under its belt, (of course its going to look-used!) and it wont be 4-years old, till December! :vrod::thumb:
Keep up the good work and let us know any problems you in-counter regarding wear and tear on your bike over the comin months & years...I've done almost 17k in 2 years and shes still looking sexy as ever.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
impressive

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a fella say--today? (God!) with its mileage, it still looks like new?---------------then I rode-home, in the rain??? its always! raining.

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats some good mileage man. Have you had any problems with the bike yet? Any major work?
NO! no bad-problems-yet? I dont put-it in for a 5,000-mile service, now its out-of warranty/ but I do change the oil every 10,000-miles myself?..........(but?) no,----no problems.

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
I had a fella say--today? (God!) with its mileage, it still looks like new?---------------then I rode-home, in the rain??? its always! raining.
Wot rubber you using and how many miles between changes.

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wot rubber you using and how many miles between changes.
Metzeler, 260 40 18,on the back and 120,70,19 on the front! I get about 9/10,000-miles out of each set. (they are more steady, in the wet!) than Dunlops!

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
Metzeler, 260 40 18,on the back and 120,70,19 on the front! I get about 9/10,000-miles out of each set. (they are more steady, in the wet!) than Dunlops!
I'm just about to replace my rear tyre its a cobra got over 11k out of it might be worth considering on your next change, I ride my DX hard most times so its not like I've been careful maybe 2k on motorways rest twisties.

Only got 4-5k out of a rear dunflop.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
70,000 miles? haha that's great!

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
thats awesome. glad to hear the bike has held up that well for that many miles.. I don't know if I could bring myself to wait 10k between oil changes though..... i am overly anal about maintenance.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
thats awesome. glad to hear the bike has held up that well for that many miles.. I don't know if I could bring myself to wait 10k between oil changes though..... i am overly anal about maintenance.
Yea 10 k oil changes is stretching it, although Amsoil says you can run up to 2x OEM spec interval with their oil. I suppose if you run a good oil, and ride highway most of the time, and not go crazy with the throttle, you could probably go 10 k. Personally I change my oil at 5 k, I do a lot of city riding too, and I run Amsoil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts