Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I recently bought a 2008 Night Rod special and looking for ideas to give myself a bit more room. I'm 6'5, 200lbs.. the guy I bought it from was about 6'3, 220lbs.
He has 14" tall handlebars on it which come back towards me, which I don't really like because it makes me feel more cramped.
I have read people say they've gotten reduced reach footpegs and flipped them? Also, what kind of handlebars would you suggest? How about seat?
I really don't know much about harley parts, so specific suggestions and details on how to install these things would be greatly appreciated.
Before this I've had a Honda CBR for years and knew all the ins and outs of that bike. I've had back surgeries and can no longer be in that extreme lean position, so I got this one. I love it, just need some more room.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Altered State Design makes forward controls that go farther forward, up to three inches I think.

I believe the Bitchin Seat Store makes a seat that sits you farther back too, but it's pretty expensive.

Maybe drag bars would be good for you? Or the normal bars with some risers?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Actually I make 4" forward controls (I am the owner of altered state) which are definitely the ones you want to go with. You can flip a reduced reach set of pegs, but it doesn't move the toepegs. You can adjust the shift side but you will definitely have to lift your leg for the brake. The set I make moves everything forward 4" including the toepegs. Here is a link: https://www.alteredstatedesign.net/product-page/2002-2011-slayer-controls

Let me know if you have any questions. Best to reach me via the website as I only come on here once a day.

-Keith

·
Registered
114 Posts
Actually I make 4" forward controls (I am the owner of altered state) which are definitely the ones you want to go with. You can flip a reduced reach set of pegs, but it doesn't move the toepegs. You can adjust the shift side but you will definitely have to lift your leg for the brake. The set I make moves everything forward 4" including the toepegs. Here is a link: https://www.alteredstatedesign.net/product-page/2002-2011-slayer-controls

Let me know if you have any questions. Best to reach me via the website as I only come on here once a day.

-Keith
Dang, Keith - that's good looking stuff - wish I was taller than 5'9" so I could use them! :)

Kevin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both for the response!

Likesilver - I was wondering about handlebars. Do you think the stock bars would fit well? I have also looked at reduced reach, which look like you're in a more upright position but not so far upright as these current ones. Also, I have read on here that the stock 2013 and up NRS bars put you in a slightly more upright position than the stock 2008 ones. Would those be a good option?

Keith - Thank you! I will definitely check out the website!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Dang, Keith - that's good looking stuff - wish I was taller than 5'9" so I could use them! :)

Kevin
I can make standard offset arms, reduced reach controls, whatever you want!

-Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.