Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Start times have always been a bit of a struggle. For smaller, local rides, 12:00 could work... But the bigger the ride, and the bigger the group, the more time everything takes to get done. Going off past experience, 10am is a good time to start for a slightly larger/longer ride.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How many miles roughly is this thing? I don't generally wear a helmet so I assume we are going into NY there's a helmet law?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
How many miles roughly is this thing? I don't generally wear a helmet so I assume we are going into NY there's a helmet law?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

The ride is roughly 100 miles from start to the finish at Down the Hatch. There are about 4-5 stops along the way (inc Cold Spring, Storm King Hwy overlook, Bear Mountain) This is a total guess on my part based on previous rides...

YES, THERE IS A HELMET LAW IN NY STATE

CT guys take note, all other surrounding states have helmet laws so that should be a given...

·
Registered
40 Posts
The ride is roughly 100 miles from start to the finish at Down the Hatch. There are about 4-5 stops along the way (inc Cold Spring, Storm King Hwy overlook, Bear Mountain) This is a total guess on my part based on previous rides...

YES, THERE IS A HELMET LAW IN NY STATE

CT guys take note, all other surrounding states have helmet laws so that should be a given...
So 220 or so for me I got 60 miles to Danbury but im not complaining!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hey guys, I will be at the Panera Bread plaza start point right around 9AM. If anyone is lost or needs to reach me, my cell is 203 six 4 zero 3040.

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So this what my ride us going to consist off going off general locations from the original post. Unless I forgot something

WUT?

The OP states locations including Bear Mt, Storm King Hwy, Candlewood Lake and more. West Point is on the way to the Storm King Hwy.

In regards to passing thru West Point: IF we do, yes you will all need photo ID with you. I'm assuming you all have a valid drivers license, but make sure your passengers have ID too, just in case.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im coming from queens hence the "my ride" consists of. I typed into google maps bear mountain, west point and d9wn the hatch witha starting point of danbury. This is just a estimate or approximation I guess you can call it.

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Im coming from queens hence the "my ride" consists of. I typed into google maps bear mountain, west point and d9wn the hatch witha starting point of danbury. This is just a estimate or approximation I guess you can call it.

Gotcha. Yeah, the exact route to each spot may vary slightly... cycorod-since banned from here; is the road captain, and this is his backyard. He knows the area inside and out. I've done this loop with him 3-4x but I'd still get lost if it was all on me...

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well, looks like I’ve been gone for about 7 years, but now I’m back! If anyone here wants to get the band back together, send me a PM! We have big plans brewing... 🍻

41 - 56 of 56 Posts