Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
I did mine at 7500.... no issues, and not going to do the 10k that is due now.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
myneed4speed said:
:them:

BTW don't forget to check you smoke bomb igniter. :stilpoke:
lol..anyways... my 5k was done at 6200 miles. NO issues at all.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
myneed4speed said:

BTW don't forget to check you smoke bomb igniter. :stilpoke:
Well i wasn't sure what was involved so now I may just do it myself. I'm still working on an electrical ignition for some explosives. I've decided to turn the smoke bomb into a police getaway device....

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
louballs said:
I just about hit 5k on my rod. Don't have the cash at the moment to pay for the service. How far past 5k can I or should I go before it's getting bad for the bike? Any warranty issue?

Lou
Lou,
As far as I've been able to find out, the 5k and 10k service intervals are recommendations only and whether or not you do it, they cant void your warranty.

Shoe

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
all I did at 5K was an oil change and a quick check of a few bolts and fluid checks of course. I wasn't gonna go spend the money for the dealer to do it for me.

Now for the 10,000 service isn't there more involved??? I think for the 10K I'm gonna take it to the dealer and they can rip me off for that one :banghead:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
i PERFORMED THE 5,000 MILE SERVICE myself. If you have the Shop Manual it is a piece of cake. I replaced my plugs since you have to inspect them anyways, changed the oil and filter, checked all critical bolts for tightness, sprayed anti-corrsion on battery cables, lubed jiffy stand w/ antisieze, and that's about it

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Buy the manual. It will pay for itself in one oil change! It's the same book they use in the shop.

·
Registered
156 Posts
louballs said:
Well i wasn't sure what was involved so now I may just do it myself. I'm still working on an electrical ignition for some explosives. I've decided to turn the smoke bomb into a police getaway device....
dude once you get in the testing faze for that we need to see some chase videos lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts