Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a technical question I have a 09 muscle completely stock motor with a powercommander V and autotune if I install a 58mm destroyer throttlebody with stock injectors, will I see a horsepower gain?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
yes, from what i have seen it would probably make about 4 or 5 more hp at the peak with a similiar loss of low end tq..

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
I am not a big fan of this mod.

On the top end is where you will make the power.

Unless you are drag racing I ask Why?

When are you going to be running your bike at 140 + mph?

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
So I would loose off the line power?
the bigger tb`s flow more air so they make more hp, but being bigger the velocity in the intake tract is slowed somewhat.. i have done bigger tb`s on big twins and v-rods and they all gained on top and lost some on bottom... as an example the 1125r buells have 62mm tb`s.they are top end hp only. just depends on what is most important.top end or cruise...bigger tb`s and regearing can make a huge difference at the track but is that what you are after?

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Will the 1320' be enough to see the difference after the TB swap on the otherwise stock motor if there is some loss in the lower end and assuming stock gearing is used?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Will the 1320' be enough to see the difference after the TB swap on the otherwise stock motor if there is some loss in the lower end and assuming stock gearing is used?
the bigger motor will be stronger down low just from the added cu in`s.. even with the bigger tb`s it will be stronger at low rpm and the bigger motor can really use the added air flow..

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
the bigger motor will be stronger down low just from the added cu in`s.. even with the bigger tb`s it will be stronger at low rpm and the bigger motor can really use the added air flow..
I think I didn't expressed my idea in the best way, I meant the 1320 feet of the quarter mile... Stock motor with 58mm TB...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts