Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any maps for an 1130 with a d&d 2-1 with a 58mm throttlebody and the destroyer injectors?..for a race tuner

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
ktap46 said:
Does anyone have any maps for an 1130 with a d&d 2-1 with a 58mm throttlebody and the destroyer injectors?..for a race tuner
You have stock heads?? I have a map loaded it's in the sert section but no injectors.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799&page=6

It's done with v460 another member gave it to me, I can't open it as I have v452 so if you can open it can you send me a excel sheet with everything copied and pasted.

I would of saved the money on the injectors, all I've heard is it's overkill and if you have stock heads for sure it is.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I wanted to chime in here last night but didnt because I thought someone else more experienced might chime in.

didnt lonnie or brian put a 58 TB on his stock bike and it didnt make 1 hp difference?

why would you want to do this to a stock bike?

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
vesteroid said:
I wanted to chime in here last night but didnt because I thought someone else more experienced might chime in.

didnt lonnie or brian put a 58 TB on his stock bike and it didnt make 1 hp difference?

why would you want to do this to a stock bike?

I know smooth put the 58 tb on but had the destroyer boots and he had a problem with it leaking around the destroyer boots so I think he just took the tb and boots off and went back to stock. I don't think it will make much difference, only reason I'm running the 58 is because of my 02 wire harness 05 motor and 02 aren't exactly the same.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mods done

so i got the tbs on my bike and the D&D 2-1 and i have 114.78 rwh and 75.52 torque now. i went from stock v-modded exhaust topless race tuner. at 107.04 rwh and 73.29 torque

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i tried that map but it didnt seem to change anything the horse and torque didnt change so we actually tuned it on our dyno and then we started to see the gains.

·
orig member feb 2004
724 Posts
ktap46 said:
so i got the tbs on my bike and the D&D 2-1 and i have 114.78 rwh and 75.52 torque now. i went from stock v-modded exhaust topless race tuner. at 107.04 rwh and 73.29 torque
The pipe alone,tuned, would of shown the increase.:D
switch throtlebodys and nothing else,and you'll see.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Zippers claims a 5+ HP gain with the 58mm TB, which seems consistent with his gains. I doubt if its the pipe alone.

·
orig member feb 2004
724 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i put the pipe on and noticed an increase. then a week later i installed the throttlebody's. and didnt notice much more. but i didnt tune it until i installed thetb's. i installed the tb's because i had them so i figured why not. cant hurt. its kinda a long story how i ended up with the tb's

·
orig member feb 2004
724 Posts
ktap46 said:
yeah i put the pipe on and noticed an increase. then a week later i installed the throttlebody's. and didnt notice much more. but i didnt tune it until i installed thetb's. i installed the tb's because i had them so i figured why not. cant hurt. its kinda a long story how i ended up with the tb's
Did you modify your boots and stacks?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no everything fit fine other than the air filter was a little harder to get on because of the larger diameter stacks.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
ktap46 said:
no everything fit fine other than the air filter was a little harder to get on because of the larger diameter stacks.
Be very careful if your stacks are rubbing your air filter. If the filter has a wire mesh on the inside the stacks will wear through it and it will be inhaled by the engine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what can i do to eliminate them from rubbing the filter

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Use smaller diameter (stock) stacks bored to 58mm. Most of the aluminum stacks were meant for racing so they were not always concerned with fitting with the filter since most run without at the track.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
o2man98 said:
Use smaller diameter (stock) stacks bored to 58mm. Most of the aluminum stacks were meant for racing so they were not always concerned with fitting with the filter since most run without at the track.
What I had to do was bend and move the wiremesh so it wasn't touching the stack.
With the billet stacks out there I have seen them modded where they would hit the filter.They just cut part of the bell off that interferred w/ the filter.This was on Badrod I.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Vinny said:
What I had to do was bend and move the wiremesh so it wasn't touching the stack.
With the billet stacks out there I have seen them modded where they would hit the filter.They just cut part of the bell off that interferred w/ the filter.This was on Badrod I.
That would work as well. I would cringe chopping on my new stacks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts