Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will need a 1-7/8" deep holesaw ( a Dewalt from Home Depot works good) and only one beer of your choice. The job will be over so quick you wont have time to drink more than one. The holesaw will pilot over the exhaust outlet tube sticking out of the back of the muffler. Use the drill of your choice and a little wd-40 or what ever you have for cutting oil. Take a big swig of beer and drill away. After you cut through, use a pair of channel locks, vice grips or what ever you have, grab the baffle and wiggle it back and forth while pulling it out. After it's out you can grind or file the edges of the hole and paint it and drink the rest of the beer . you can have a straight section of tubing welded in to make it even louder if you are into making peoples ears bleed. I make my own baffles and hold them in with an end cap so they are removable. NOTE:You do not have to remove the mufflers from the bike, the mufflers in the pictures were spares.
Dale

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Nightrod 06. You will need a fuel management system for this modification. Either a RACE TUNER from HD, or Gill's box (TECHLUSION BOX, RACE FUELER from HD) or PCIII. You can read about your options in the EFI section in mjw930's thread on HOW THINGS WORK.

·
OLD FART
1,639 Posts
Dale said you only have to drill exit end.That is cool I wont have to remove them from the bike.Thanks Dale that will save alot of time

·
Registered
44 Posts
How loud is the bike after drilling out the stock baffles?
Dale "R" please tell us how to make my own baffles?
Thanks and Happy riding. amo247 (aka Bob)

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
real loud. I saw a street rod few days ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts