Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lost in Florida
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a hot minute since I frequented the forums... no better time to return than with a problem!

I have a 06 VRSCD with a PCV installed on it (3 years old now). Bike has ran fine while I was in the UK, but I decided to update the firmware and install an autotune system upon moving back to the states. I had the local shop weld in the O2 bungs and wire up the kit. After updating the firmware we are now receiving these codes, and CANNOT enable the autotune. All OK options to submit changes are grayed out.

After searching the forums and trolling the internet, general consensus is is to keep trying to reinstall the firmware, and ultimately have to send the unit back. Any suggestions welcome.

·
Lost in Florida
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any suggestions? Tried updating the firmware a dozen times now and its still no good.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Call the power commander folks and have them diagnose the problem.

·
Lost in Florida
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To put an ending to this short story...

I called Dynojet, and they did a remote assist over the net. Didn't take them long to call the unit defective as they couldn't load in the newest firmware.

Even though it was 3 years old they RMA'd my old PCV and sent me a new one. Even checked that my new auto tune units were good and speaking with the new PCV.

I did notice that I had the first hardware version and they sent me A2 revision. Not sure if that means anything, I'm just happy I have it back.

I've already inputted my old map that was converted from a PCIII map into seperate cylinders, and as soon as I figure what AFR settings to input I'll be on my way to tuning my bike! Time to troll the map threads some more...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts