Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming up on my 5,000 mile service. I took a look at what's being done and the only thing that is outside of my realm of experience is the fork oil. Is it a huge crisis if it isn't changed exactly at 5k? I was hoping to wait until spring, as life is currently in a constant state of flux. Thanks.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I don't remember the fork oil being changed at 5k. I know mine wasn't. Unless there's some other reason the forks need service I believe they can wait.
:them:

Change your own oil, and check critical fasteners too!

·
Registered
198 Posts
you might want to check your manual... towards the back it will tell you what needs to be done and when it needs to be done. MOM knows best!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them:
No fork oil change at 5k for the '07s.... which model bike do you get?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an 08 DX. I could have swore I read it needed the fork oil done. If not, then consider me that much happier. I can change my own oil and do the rest of the check up. Doing the fork oil was the only new thing to me. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey wheelman21 my owners manual says 50,000 mile fork oil intervals, could it be thats what u read ? i mean mine is a 2010 but i cant imagine it changing that much in two years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.