Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed progressive 440's on my miller lite D. Really like them but to cold to ride. Went with the stock size but it did lower the rear. Set it to the hard side but still lower then stock wich looks better. Had it at the soft setting but to low for the 240. The other bike is my cousins pretty tricked out. Keeping it for the winter.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Nice look'en scoot you got there Sonny... How you like the sound of that thunder header? I haven't seen a rod in my area running one so I don't know what it sounds like... I've heard them on airheads but with the rod motor, I know it's gotta be a different kind of rumble :)...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I love the thunderheader it has a very deep rumble and gets pretty loud when you nail it wide open plus it gave it a lot more midrange and top end power.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Are you using standard or heavy duty springs?

I've got a set of 13" 440s on order with the heavy duty springs and I do NOT want the bike lowered at all. I'll be pissed if it turns out to be lower than stock! I wanted to raise it a little but they don't have a 13-1/2" set and I don't want to spend a grand on custom built shocks.
:broke:
:banghead:

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
looking good as always, sonny :D I see that you set it at 2 full rings, is that the maximum setup or can you still go harder?

I think D shock stock length is 13.5". the longest 440 available is 13" so it does lower the bike a bit.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im using the standard springs. I can go about another 3/4 turn and it will be locked out. I just dont want the inner fender to hit the tire. When if ever the weather breaks i will take it for good ride and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Everything I've seen says A and D models are 13".

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Must be nice living in LA Andy! How did your wheels turn out?
yeah, weather is sunny 70 here :) I'm still waiting for pulley bearing in the mail from Zanotti before I can put her together. hopefully by this weekend!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts